Warner Bros. gaming unit has been put up for sale.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
It's time.

Google-CEO.jpg
this would be hilarious

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Anybody but Microsoft or Google.

• Microsoft hasn't proven that it can properly manage development houses. Many of the WB developers would go the way of Lionhead, Bizarre, FASA, Rare, Bungie...all made exciting games for XBOX but one way or another, Microsoft mismanaged the developers and caused them to shutter, run, or produce mediocre products.
  • Google because they are too quick to cut projects when they get bored. No reason to have good gaming talent fall into their hands just to be disbanded years from now when Stadia becomes Google Play Games.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Anybody but Microsoft or Google.

• Microsoft hasn't proven that it can properly manage development houses. Many of the WB developers would go the way of Lionhead, Bizarre, FASA, Rare, Bungie...all made exciting games for XBOX but one way or another, Microsoft mismanaged the developers and caused them to shutter, run, or produce mediocre products.
  • Google because they are too quick to cut projects when they get bored. No reason to have good gaming talent fall into their hands just to be disbanded years from now when Stadia becomes Google Play Games.

EA needs their own bulletpoint for the fukkery they're responsible for over the last 15 years acquiring studios and putting them out to die.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
EA needs their own bulletpoint for the fukkery they're responsible for over the last 15 years acquiring studios and putting them out to die.

Yeah for real, they are trash too...I was thinking of giving them a bullet point but I was so disgusted by what they did to Dead Space that I couldn't even type.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Man, I would hate to be Ed Boon right now not knowing how any of the three bidders would handle the Mortal Kombat series. The only companies I could honestly see gaining something from buying WB Games studios is either Square Enix or Ubisoft. I really lean more towards SE because with SE Europe/Eidos, the studios would fit in more with them than say Ubisoft due to the amount of subsidiaries they have it's easy to get lost in the shuffle.

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony bought insomniac for $229m and look at their insane productivity, yet, paying $4b for a bunch of studios who haven’t really put out shyt in years plus you don’t even get the main IP. Ridiculous.

Actually, the better/cheaper thing for Sony and Microsoft to do will be to poach the staff and bring them to their studios since they’re about to lose their jobs anyway.

Last edited:

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
So what does this all mean in regards to the fate of Injustice 3? :ohhh:

I think Ed Boon said the next game they drop won't be Injustice 3. So who knows... I think he was trying to get something off the ground with Marvel though. Marvel vs DC? Maybe?