Walking simulators :camby:

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
just a modern take a games Like the old game Shadow Gate for nes or even games like Sam & Max or maniac mansion.

They were fun games back then. the puzzles require you to think.

At least it's not Myst.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown: I mean you could always NOT PLAY IT man.

It's like, a gun is held to your head or something because... or maybe.... Walking simulators are going to creep it's way into your favorite series suddenly and you're worried??

"The next iteration of Halo has several hours of what gamers call "A walking simulator." Are we losing the very essence of what makes gaming... games?? Are remasters cancelling out our beloved new titles that we want?? Are we ever going to get 1080P/60fps on every game?? Tune in at 11 for more!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you don't like them, don't play them. :manny:

You can debate endlessly about whether these type of games should be classified as 'games' or not but at the end of the day that doesn't change the fact there's an audience for them.
exactly. It's not like said games are being made with AAA budgets by AAA developers. I'd understand if say Fallout 4 or Gears of War became a walking simulator.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mindblown: I mean you could always NOT PLAY IT man.

It's like, a gun is held to your head or something because... or maybe.... Walking simulators are going to creep it's way into your favorite series suddenly and you're worried??

"The next iteration of Halo has several hours of what gamers call "A walking simulator." Are we losing the very essence of what makes gaming... games?? Are remasters cancelling out our beloved new titles that we want?? Are we ever going to get 1080P/60fps on every game?? Tune in at 11 for more!
Nah, its just a conversation.

I've been burned multiple times by this genre, and I think its the lazyest shyt in gaming.

Its not fair to bioshock, that shyt like gone girl gets a pass, and not only does it get a pass people were voting it for GOTY:beli:

Gaming is all about interactivity. A game that doesn't have any interactivity is invalid :camby:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nah, this is foolish.

You can call it just walking, but really it's exploration. You're exploring a world, choosing what radios to turn on and checking out all the surroundings to help unravel a story.
You do this in almost EVERY game. These games just decided to leave EVERYTHING else out.

And there really isn't much exploration. Its basically a linear path you walk down till thi game is over. If the only "interaction" the player gets is to choose which radios to listen to, then the game is lazy as fukk.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is like saying certain genres of movies shouldn't be called movies because they aren't shot in a certain style.

Games are an extremely unique story telling medium and the only way to expand the medium is to try new things.

This isn't new. And the reason games are unique in telling stories is that the player has interactivity with the story.

In these games the player does not.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, its just a conversation.

I've been burned multiple times by this genre, and I think its the lazyest shyt in gaming.

Its not fair to bioshock, that shyt like gone girl gets a pass, and not only does it get a pass people were voting it for GOTY:beli:

Gaming is all about interactivity. A game that doesn't have any interactivity is invalid :camby:
Dafukk you talking about?