Waiting While Black: University Student Accused of ‘Harassment’ for Wanting to Talk to Adviser

Deadpool1986

Cook with a Mouth
Daps
Reppin
#midnightboyz/ #Neggas-Black & White/ #TNT
A Kennesaw State University staff member threatened to call campus security because a student was waiting to speak to his adviser at her office after what he says were numerous failed attempts to set up an appointment.
screen_shot_20150514_at_2.17.04_pm.png.CROP.rtstoryvar-medium.17.04_pm.png

This Kennesaw State University staffer, identified by Kevin Bruce as Abby Dawson, told Bruce that he was harassing his adviser.
Kevin Bruce via Twitter/@IamKB

Kevin Bruce, a student at Kennesaw State University in Georgia, just wanted to talk to his academic adviser. After numerous attempts to schedule an appointment with her, he finally went to the office to see her in person.

While he was waiting patiently, however, a staff member came up to Bruce and told him that he was harassing his adviser merely by sitting there.

In a video Bruce uploaded to his Twitter feed, the woman—identified as Abby Dawson—comes out and accuses him of harassing a “Mrs. Tilley.”
CE-Sc3ZVAAAHwq3.jpg
CE-Sc3YUEAA6j3q.jpg

I’m not harassing no one,” Bruce tells the woman calmly.
The woman, however, will not be deterred. “I can call security. You can fill out the form just like everybody else does,” she said.

“I’m just waiting to talk to someone. I’m not harassing no one,” Bruce repeats.

“Sitting here until someone is available is harassing them,” the woman insists. “Would you like for me to call campus security?”

Other Twitter users rallied around Bruce, retweeting the video and his story, and even sharing their own under the hashtag #ItsBiggerThanKSU.

Bruce said that he didn’t believe it was a racial issue, pointing to other individuals—whom he retweeted—who have had bad experiences with advisers at the university.

Kennesaw State officials later tweeted that they were aware of the situation and that a formal complaint was being processed.
http://www.theroot.com/articles/new...harassment_for_wanting.html?wpisrc=topstories

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
:what: how does someone not get fired for doing this. He got told to go to a school where the advisors do their job?:mindblown:

In what world is harrasment waiting to talk to someone who has office hours and an obligation due to their job to service you?:wtf:

Yeah sure this isn't a racial issue:rudy: