Wait, THIS is skid row ?

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
People always blame the politicians but leave out that many homeless folks move to Cali so they don't freeze to death.

The thing is there is plenty of places someone can go if they don't want to freeze to death in the South or the Southwest. But to come to California of all places. High prices, high taxes, saturated job market. Sorry but when your money is lacking, you can't go to desirable place like everyone else. Can't have your cake and eat it too

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I was in LA last month, I think it got WAY better than it was doing covid
Pretty much all the homeless were gone from Venice beach at night and the downtown area around The Broad & lil Tokyo there were barely any homeless

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
Didn’t show the crazy areas lol & it’s early am in that video.

Skid Row is horrible. Druggies walking around naked and high. I saw someone get stabbed down there by the outdoor vendors not too long ago in broad daylight.

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
I was in LA last month, I think it got WAY better than it was doing covid
Pretty much all the homeless were gone from Venice beach at night and the downtown area around The Broad & lil Tokyo there were barely any homeless

They cleaning up Venice Beach. They used to live in the restrooms, which are utterly disgusting by the way.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I mean…

People talked about kensington like it was hell on earth

Theres a reason every white kid in pennsylvania and nj be out there besides the drugs. Its KINDA safe somehow. Idk how. But i never worried being over there and i know girls out there who dont either.
Kensington is bad as shyt. Not even just the avenue but the adjacent areas. Went there once dropping someone off, had to drive him from Scranton because someone set his smoker gf on fire in a park.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
are yall serious? bro drove around in bright day and stayed in the car... shidd you'd be safe in Dante's Inferno if you do that.

Go out there about 2:38am and step out the whip I guarantee all they'll find is your missing teeth and the left part of your iPhone. Old ladies walking around with one titty and a rotting BBL ready to put you in a headlock. During the day yea its like going to Disney during Halloween.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
The thing is there is plenty of places someone can go if they don't want to freeze to death in the South or the Southwest. But to come to California of all places. High prices, high taxes, saturated job market. Sorry but when your money is lacking, you can't go to desirable place like everyone else. Can't have your cake and eat it too
Damn right Cali is better than anywhere in the south for a homeless person. Cali has the fifth highest GDP in the world, more money to be made panhandling. I mean, why not live where there is an economy that supports them rather than some place in the south where there is less disposable income?

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Kensington is bad as shyt. Not even just the avenue but the adjacent areas. Went there once dropping someone off, had to drive him from Scranton because someone set his smoker gf on fire in a park.
Eh…

I got like 3 friends living out there rn and know a bunch who went out there to live and been there with them myself stopping by on my way out.

Just off the fact its like hamsterdam and cops wont fukk with you, and most the blocks are kinda safe, they actually LIKE it.

I have a female friend there RN and she WANTS to live there. Dont ask. Shes nuts but she aint the only one i heard say this. Its just way easier for drug addicts. People are better with homeless, more opportunities for them to work/housing than anywhere else. The drugs are everywhere. Not like a smaller city if the block gets shut down you gotta trek all over creation. There you got 100 options.

None of them have to live on the street. Theres plenty of spots there for rooms 60 bucks a week n stuff.

As long as your not running around at 1am with the crazies its kinda fine. Always gon get into crazy shyt with drugs but that sounds domestic. Im not tryna live in a tent or be a woman out there or anything but for so called HELL ON EARTH people are kinda friendly for philly…lol. I mean if the drugs are as shytty as they are they might as well make it ok to live there lol.

Last time i was there i saw like a tranq dope naked zombie crosswalk like a goose crossing. Cars letting this guy wander across the street to not hit him. People begging for change swaying into street… Its like they all been trained not to fukk with the wildlife lol.

Last edited: