Wait so Soccer can actually end in a tie? :scusthov:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Any sport where there is ever any goal (no pun intended) other than winning at all costs can :camby: to the :trash: These announcers were honestly sitting there on some "should they even bother trying to win the game?"

Wait, did I not see multiple threads this past basketball season dedicated to something called "the tank wars"?
:dwillhuh:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Football and hockey both have ties. I'm sure other sports can have them also. There's gotta be an innings cap in baseball.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP is the same fool in the latest Michael Bay movie talking about how awesome that was................................
go sit in the corner and let the grown folks enjoy a more refined game.....

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Football and hockey both have ties. I'm sure other sports can have them also. There's gotta be an innings cap in baseball.

Hockey no longer has ties. Football does, but after 15 minutes of OT(basically sudden death). The tying stuff is a bit fugazi...especially in such a big event. The US and Germany can organize a tie and stand around for 90 minutes and advance. It's silly.

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Not one of these soccer loving fakkits who negged me or replied in this thread have yet explained why a sport exists where a team would PURPOSELY NOT TRY TO WIN THE GAME.
s7bgykn.png

It's like in the NBA playoffs where the road team only tries to win 1 of the games and are content with losing the other one. Sometimes it's about the big picture not just 1 game.

Plus the counter attack in soccer is much more deadly than in other sports. That's why they were questioning whether they should risk an attack.

But really you are just showing your lack of IQ for the sport and coming off as a complete retard. If you watched the sport regularly and didnt just become a bandwagon fan the minute the WC is here you wouldn't be asking dumbass questions.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
:mjlol:

fukkin trash ass "sport" if you can even call it that. Before USA scored their 2nd goal the announcers were talmbout if USA should "risk" trying to score again, or just "settle" for the tie and the points.

Say what?? :dwillhuh:

Any sport where there is ever any goal (no pun intended) other than winning at all costs can :camby: to the :trash: These announcers were honestly sitting there on some "should they even bother trying to win the game?"

What a stupid fukkin sport. Soccer is boring enough to watch when these dudes are actually TRYING, how bad must it be to watch when they are actively trying NOT to score and just play keepaway? Why is this sport allowed to end without a winner? That's not a sport, that's not an athletic competition. The whole point of an athletic game/competition is two people or teams do battle and one must be victorious.

But in soccer, these nikkas can run around for an hour and a half and... nobody wins?

:childplease:
I don't quite fully understand soccer. If an underdog wins in basketball, we go crazy. In soccer, if an underdog ties (or draws), they go crazy, like they won the Stanley Cup and NBA Finals at the same time. :dahell: Announcers are screaming like crazy like Godzilla just died.