The company sounds shady
Google already hitting me with "Before you Continue" message :russ:
block-google-before-you-continue-300x300.png

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Save your money, VPNs are :trash: depending on the application
instead of your ISP, it's another service provider seeing your traffic no matter what they say
save your money and buy the physical media if you're torrenting
if you want actual privacy, use TOR browser within tails linux

VPN doesn't help you with web since sites like you tube uses browser fingerprinting and cookies.
also you pay for VPN with your credit card using your gmail as login? :mjlol:

1. put your vpn (plus ad-blocker, plus domain blocker/firewall) in your router
2. you can pay for Nord with bitcoin
3. use qubes not tails .. and partition your activities
4. use brave browser (set default to exclude social media and to block everything - JS, trackers, all cookies)
5. use private (encrypted) DNS
6. use a linux/pinephone/librem phone with NO google/play store apps (and these are not IOS anyway). hardware switches are best and turn off when not using location dependent services or making calls.
7. don't use facebook
8. partition email accounts
9. don't use MacOS (any type and esp. not Big Sur/Brother or later versions) or Windows
10. don't use ipv6 on any of your devices anyway - as it is device specific

TOR alone does not stop end-node sniffing to see your traffic as well. non-https traffic can be viewed at the exit nodes in clear-text. Emails (ex-domain to ex-domain) are clear-text.

TOR alone does not stop browser-fingerprinting. Best results would be gotten by extending brave browser yourself to delete cookies, set browser fingerprint per-session/per-domain and other spoofing techniques.

TOR with JS is a massive problem as JS can be used even in the TOR browser to find your location/real IP.

Even with TOR normal DNS resolution can be sniffed too and is visible to all.

They caught the Pirate Bay guy even though he was using TOR using time, location and throughput modulation as far as I remember.

I am a bit busy now but I am about to go buck-wild soon and throw out any IT component, system or service which is part of the data-collection creep. and I do mean any.

finally hardware backdoors (via processor sub-systems) or non-user level subsystems (ignoring user-level overrides for VPN for example) are a big issue which means that you also have to start avoiding certain hardware.

it is a disgrace that we even have to be concerned about all of this.

some good channels on youtube are the hated one, the internet privacy guy ..

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
4. use brave browser (set default to exclude social media and to block everything - JS, trackers, all cookies)
6. use a linux/pinephone/librem phone with NO google/play store apps (and these are not IOS anyway). hardware switches are best and turn off when not using location dependent services or making calls.
7. don't use facebook
9. don't use MacOS (any type and esp. not Big Sur/Brother or later versions) or Windows

TOR alone does not stop end-node sniffing to see your traffic as well. non-https traffic can be viewed at the exit nodes in clear-text. Emails (ex-domain to ex-domain) are clear-text.

TOR alone does not stop browser-fingerprinting. Best results would be gotten by extending brave browser yourself to delete cookies, set browser fingerprint per-session/per-domain and other spoofing techniques.

TOR with JS is a massive problem as JS can be used even in the TOR browser to find your location/real IP.

They caught the Pirate Bay guy even though he was using TOR using time, location and throughput modulation as far as I remember.

I am a bit busy now but I am about to go buck-wild soon and throw out any IT component, system or service which is part of the data-collection creep. and I do mean any.

finally hardware backdoors (via processor sub-systems) or non-user level subsystems (ignoring user-level overrides for VPN for example) are a big issue which means that you also have to start avoiding certain hardware.

I ain't on no shady dark web stuff but I did read about folks talking about MSI products after the CEO committed suicide by "jumping" off of the HQ building, that the Chinese government was trying strongarm to get involved in the production, I assume it's another way to spy:shaq2:

I still don't know what VPN I'm gonna use, I'm tired of all this info being collected though, let me stream and torrent in peace, bad enough they trying to due data caps soon:scust:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
7. don't use facebook

Breh what's the difference between adding vpn to the computer vs to the router? Is it worth it?

I'm not doing anything crazy so I don't want to overkill myself.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Breh what's the difference between adding vpn to the computer vs to the router? Is it worth it?
I'm not doing anything crazy so I don't want to overkill myself.

It means that you cannot forget to turn it on.

It also means that all devices on your lan use the vpn, add/url blocker etc by default.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
7. don't use facebook

are you familiar with Ad guard? thoughts?