Vol 2. Hard Knock Life. 25 Years Later

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Classic. One of the best constructed mainstream rap albums in terms of mixing bangers, anthems, street tracks, etc. Nearly everything bangs.

All that being said I'll die on the hill that Money Cash Hoes is meh. Can't stand Swizz...
:manny:
I'm not a Swizz fan, but that's probably only one of the three records I can stand to listen from him

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Where's that picture of Jigga in the sweatsuit watching TV in front of the projects from this era :banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Two things stand out in this interview:

Vol 2 was originally supposed to drop summer of 98

This was supposed to be his last album lol

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps

Two things stand out in this interview:

Vol 2 was originally supposed to drop summer of 98

This was supposed to be his last album lol

This was NEVER going to be his last album. Rappers were using retirement as their marketing plan. I remember Jay saying it was his last album and then in the linear notes he says, I'll catch you on the next project lol.

Master P did the same shyt with the Da Last Don and then came back and dropped something the following year. Look at this bullshyt.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yepp..... I believe Def Jam pushed the album back to the 4th quarter and that ended up being the smart move as they relied on Jay for their 4th quarter push.

He also said his first 3 albums would be his last album.... then he sold 5 mil and it was like.... nope!
I always thought the album had that summer vibe to it, so releasing it in the fall was a stroke of genius.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
yepp..... I believe Def Jam pushed the album back to the 4th quarter and that ended up being the smart move as they relied on Jay for their 4th quarter push.

He also said his first 3 albums would be his last album.... then he sold 5 mil and it was like.... nope!
Yup, in the promotion for Reasonable Doubt he said it was gonna be his only album :mjlol: