Visions of Mana | Announce Trailer (Square Enix) (Everything but the Switch) (2024)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i gave it 5 minutes. demo is janky as hell. combat slow.. and why did the random chick have a country accent. hit the uninstall with the quickness.

Terrible characters and mediocre combat - no wonder they gave X-Box the marketing.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one. I was saying damn was Rebirth that damn good that this game feels so mid?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
IMG_4144
IMG_4145

GameSpot: 5/10
There is a game here for someone willing to lower their standards enough, but trust me when I say there are hundreds of better RPGs for you to spend your time on. You do not need to waste it searching for a few nuggets buried here.

IGN: 8
Visions of Mana finally brings the long-dormant classic RPG series into the modern age, looking great and playing even better thanks to multi-layered class and skill systems that interact in clever ways. There are definitely some pacing issues and a few questionable design choices later on, and the occasional framerate drop or awkward lipsyncing can distract. But the flashy and exciting combat, deeply rewarding class system, and cast of likable characters make Visions of Mana a winning comeback for the classic series all the same – and a great game even if you haven't spent decades waiting for it.

GamesRadar: 2.5/5
Visions of Mana would be forgettable if it weren't janky in ways few modern AAA games are, making for an action RPG with little desire to be unique. But its series of bewildering design choices and faulty execution does technically make it stand out.

Kotaku:
[...] But in those final moments, when my confusion almost turned to tears as the world was right again, I realized I had helped put Mana back on track. Just like so many folks out there hope Visions of Mana itself is doing. How do you put a score on that? I'm grateful I don't have to this time.

PushSquare: 7
As a nostalgia-driven retread of the classic Mana adventure, Visions of Mana is rock solid — but it struggles to be anything more than a reminder of how magical those old RPGs could be. If you can look beyond the game's monotonous storytelling and tragically bland characters, the essence of an old-school excursion is here, in the exploration of wonderful environments and in battles against burly boss monsters.

PressStart: 7.5
Visions of Mana feels like the RPG equivalent of being young and visiting a park in the summer. It's picturesque, warm and full of hope, inviting you to set out and explore and maybe come home with a couple scratches or bruises but always rewarding the effort with a new adventure or discovery. There's a fantastic balance of old and new ideas here, enough to satisfy patient series fans and newcomers alike, a hugely-enjoyable main story, stunning environments and satisfying combat going a long way to make up for some annoying technical and mechanical foibles.

Shacknews: 9
Visions of Mana is simply refined RPG goodness in every way. It's got compelling characters, an engaging story, and a challenging combat system. Its only shortcomings are minute, and don't do too much to bog down what is an overwhelmingly enjoyable adventure.

DigitalTrends: 3.5/5
Visions of Mana is like a snack that you eat in between your big meals. There's enough here to satiate your hunger, like the fun combat and entertaining cast of characters, if you're looking for another RPG to play in the meantime. It feels safe and familiar, so don't come in expecting a novel experience.

Last edited: