Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

GAD-031-Portrait-cour2-400x390.jpg
:whew:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
y didnt u call this Vintage Sudanese People?

I am not the creator of this thread, the person that started this thread is banned, i believe. Can you tell we have different screen names. I basically resurrected to thread to get other "Africans" on here to post, and represent their respective countries, this could open room for interesting dialogue btw different peoples and regions of the continent.

Last edited:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
Museum of Fine Art Expedition in both Sudan and Egypt from late 1800's to early part of 20th century.

One of the archaeologist George Reisner.

jaic42-02-003-ch3fg1.jpg

Map of sites excavated by the MFA Expedition. CAIRO = modern city; Giza = site excavated by the MFA Expedition; Port Said = other places mentioned. Courtesy of Peter Der Manuelian, 2002

jaic42-02-003-ch3fg8.jpg

Mary Reisner mending faience at Nuri Camp, 1917, Sudan. Courtesy of Harvard University–MFA Expedition, 1917, neg. D290

pyramidtravelers4-2.jpg

items found in the Sudanese portion of Nile Valley.

jaic42-02-003-ch3fg2.jpg

32a1b8457a94d24ff3eec557644f2e0f.jpg

JAIC 2003, Volume 42, Number 2, Article 3 (pp. 167 to 192)

Amara West excavation team, this excavation was during the 1930'-1940's by the Egyptian Exploration Society, from the British Museum

aw_2012-25_archive.jpg

The EES team, with workmen, at Amara West in 1938-9. Seated left of centre is I.E.S. Edwards, then working as Assistant Keeper in the British Museum Department of Egyptian and Assyrian Antiquities.

spencer002-blog.jpg

Amara West 2014: A Nubian perspective on excavating Amara West

amara-nubia-1862.jpg

Temple of Ramis which is the most well preserved outside of Luxor, i believe. However it is reburried in the sands.

bible-archeology-yahweh-inscription-cartouche-land-of-the-shasu-of-yahweh-amarah-west-temple-rameses-II-1304-1237bc.jpg

aw_2012-25_matchbox.jpg

Italian matchbox discarded by the EES excavators in the 1940s

Amara West 2012: excavating excavations

Amara, Nubia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amara West - British Museum Expedition to Amara West

1/2 Man 1/2 Hennessy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Daps
Reppin
Seattle
It amazes me how similar Sudanese people (specifically Beja, Ababda) are with Horners. We're almost indistinguishable from one another:ohhh:

We dress the same too, shyt is crazy. I got old school pics like this of my family members back in Ethiopia (corny western clothes and everything:russ:) but I wouldn't want to post em. Nice thread tho:ehh:

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
It amazes me how similar Sudanese people (specifically Beja, Ababda) are with Horners. We're almost indistinguishable from one another:ohhh:

We dress the same too, shyt is crazy. I got old school pics like this of my family members back in Ethiopia (corny western clothes and everything:russ:) but I wouldn't want to post em. Nice thread tho:ehh:

LOL It should not be surprise to you since Eritreans and Ethiopians are practically neighbors, and trust me i hear this from Sudanese too, "why do they look like us"? The thing is there should not be much a surprise especially to Sudanese since we border 7 or eight countries, and we get the overlapp of people from all those countries, Egyptians to the North, Chad to the West, Now South Sudan to the South, and of course Ethiopia and Eritrea, and in addition to the overlapp we have thousands of west africans that migrated over 200 years ago. As far as posting family photos, yeah i agree, i would not post my family photos on any website. In this case this is pretty much public and it was done by Sudanese photographers. I must admit my favorite is the village pictures