Vinny, Alex, and Brad Shoemaker Leaving Giant Bomb (RIP :()

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Breh GB been dead since Ryan sadly passed. He was the soul of gaming for brehs like us. I'm talking shoot the shyt, relaxing and discussing games without the lame "PC" bullshyt. I mean when gaming was fun without the nonsense. Once he died and GB went to CBS, it wasn't the same. I remember finding out about GB from sighs...."HipHopGamer" and that shyt blew my mind. It felt like a underground gaming podcast/site with no pulled punches. Its sucks how they did Jeff :francis: . The founder just going out like a fart in a Popeyes.

Ryan is that dude but let's be real. GB Prime was when Dan joined and lasted until Austin left.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Dan byke :ohhh:

Jeff on twitch now....says he's dropping a Patreon :unimpressed:

Sounds like GB did him dirty....he's dancing around the issue but reading between the lines something got fukked up.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dan byke :ohhh:

Jeff on twitch now....says he's dropping a Patreon :unimpressed:

Sounds like GB did him dirty....he's dancing around the issue but reading between the lines something got fukked up.

This was inevitable. Since the pandemic hit, Giant Bomb content has fallen all the way off. Quick Looks barely came out, and them being remote killed a lot of their other stuff.

It seemed like he had ideas for content, but there was constantly some sort of disagreement on what that content was supposed to be. The fact that there was such an abrupt end to his tenure definitely suggests that it wasn't an amicable "mutual" agreement. It's crazy that they booted Jeff, and then effectively replace him with Jeff's equal in wanting to just produce fukkery.

It's also telling that the announcement video they put out this morning was maybe the most production they've put into anything in three to four years.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
This was inevitable. Since the pandemic hit, Giant Bomb content has fallen all the way off. Quick Looks barely came out, and them being remote killed a lot of their other stuff.

It seemed like he had ideas for content, but there was constantly some sort of disagreement on what that content was supposed to be. The fact that there was such an abrupt end to his tenure definitely suggests that it wasn't an amicable "mutual" agreement. It's crazy that they booted Jeff, and then effectively replace him with Jeff's equal in wanting to just produce fukkery.

It's also telling that the announcement video they put out this morning was maybe the most production they've put into anything in three to four years.

It might be the best for both parties. Jeff has been sounding uninspired as fukk for a long time now. He's always been cynical but the last couple of years it's felt like his heart isn't in it anymore. Maybe going solo will give him renewed energy.

I like all the new additions to GB. Dan will bring the fukkery and creativity and Grubb will bring some editorial content that the site hasn't really had in a long time. Damn shame Jeff ain't gonna be around but all things come to an end.