VINCE MCMAHON ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Sh-t not gonna happen overnight. if they do want to replace Dunn and Prichard they need to have someone in mind.

Prichard is easily replaceable. Hunter and/or Heyman could carry that role.

Say what you want about the Beaver... but you need someone with tons of live production experience to do his job. There are people who can do it but they have to commit to A LOT of hours of TV per year..

As far as the ongoing story lines... there won't be many significant changes prior to SummerSlam. Too close. At SummerSlam the new regime may want a splash there to show 'we're here now..' but we'll see..

I don't see Heyman running creative given his history with Stephanie.

Also, I'm sure Nick Khan probably knows people in the sports world who could step right into Beaver's role and make us less motion sick right away.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I've been thinking about this. I wonder if Cokeboy has some sort of terminal disease. I know there's a ton of allegations and there's supposedly a bombshell coming, but dude is carny as fukk and wouldn't step down the way he did.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
breh went out like joe pa

Joe Pa died I think 2 months after he was forced out.

Nah Paterno was pristine & Mr Rogers type lovable til the shyt came out

Vince's dirt been known and out of all the shyt he's aired on live tv like incest & racist angles, women on leashes barking, wrestlers dying doing gimmicks they hated. passing p*ssy around is not even top 5 most shocking lol

It's more shocking he lived thru all the other dirt and this is what took him out

The Paterno Cult is/was sickening. They make the Stooges look like normal people.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

You know I wonder about this portion right here.

People are worried about what happens to Vince next, as he has no hobbies or social circle outside of wrestling.

Vince really has devouted his life to this product, it's kept him going. I wouldn't be surprised if Vince's body begins to shut down, and he actually dies from this in a few years because he has nothing really else to live for; Children are alright, Company is still going; so what else is there?

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
What would stop Vince from ghost booking these shows from home or something? He’s still the majority shareholder. If he sends a script in to Bruce or whatever, or says I want so and so to win the title tonight, they supposed to ignore it?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You know I wonder about this portion right here.

Vince really has devouted his life to this product, it's kept him going. I wouldn't be surprised if Vince's body begins to shut down, and he actually dies from this in a few years because he has nothing really else to live for; Children are alright, Company is still going; so what else is there?

This is usually when men who have worked their whole life doing something die shortly sfter

Joe pa went from going to coach to then getting pushed out to suddenly getting lung cancer and dying all in like a few months

If queen Elizabeth stepped down today she’d prob be dead in a few months

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
This is usually when men who have worked their whole life doing something die shortly sfter

Joe pa went from going to coach to then getting pushed out to suddenly getting lung cancer and dying all in like a few months

If queen Elizabeth stepped down today she’d prob be dead in a few months

Indeed. I just think that while not a 'broken heart', just this retirement is going to make him decline.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I respect Vince for his business and creative peak but I've seen way too many people on Reddit and Twitter come out saying Vince "created" wrestling or you wouldn't be watching wrestling without Vince. I have to disagree with both, especially since my grandparents were watching wrestling when Vince Sr. was booking and passed it down to my dad. And even with that, I started watching WCW first because my older cousins were moreso WCW fans.

Also on the second point CMLL, NJPW, AJPW, and the NWA all existed before Vince even took over with many NWA promotions running stadium shows. I can agree there wouldn't be "sports entertainment" but I don't believe that no one would be watching wrestling if Vince never went national.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I respect Vince for his business and creative peak but I've seen way too many people on Reddit and Twitter come out saying Vince "created" wrestling or you wouldn't be watching wrestling without Vince. I have to disagree with both, especially since my grandparents were watching wrestling when Vince Sr. was booking and passed it down to my dad. And even with that, I started watching WCW first because my older cousins were moreso WCW fans.

While not a counter argument, I think to a degree there is truth. He didn't 'create' wrestling, but rather introduced wrestling to the mainstream. Wrestling prior to Vince was a niche industry, but because of Vince, he helped usher in Wrestling as something that could be integrated with mainstream culture.