“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
ad11b53acedc58c33feb42616041519b4f471a38.gifv

giphy.gif

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
When the Knicks start trying to trade for a star, every team is gonna want McBride included...that contract is crazy. He's getting 3.9 mil in 2026/2027.
I’ve actually become annoyed at the constant mention of how great the Deuce, Donte and Brunson contracts are on social media.

It’s been happening too often and almost feels like it could be insulting to the players at some point because it’s like fans are laughing at everyone else saying, “look at how cheap we got them for, hahaaaa!”

Am I wrong? :francis:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I’ve actually become annoyed at the constant mention of how great the Deuce, Donte and Brunson contracts are on social media.

It’s been happening too often and almost feels like it could be insulting to the players at some point because it’s like fans are laughing at everyone else saying, “look at how cheap we got them for, hahaaaa!”

Am I wrong? :francis:
I don't see it that way. Especially for Brunson and Donte. The Knicks offered Brunson more than anyone else was willing to and matched the best offers Donte got (MLE). Plus, there's something to the idea that these guys wanted to be here.

Deuce is kind of unique, in that it looked a lot like the Knicks realized they'd need to lock him up before the rest of the league realized what they had. But then Deuce also got picked and developed by this group. They're three examples of the Knicks FO finding players that were better than the opportunities they'd been given, and giving those players a chance to realize their potential.

So, they're bargains now, but the trade-off is that they'll make significantly more money on their next contracts thanks to signing with the Knicks. Mitch is a golden example. His first contract was an absolute steal for what he gave New York, and he was compensated for it on his next deal. He's happy, the FO's happy, and the fans are happy. If anything, these guys' deals are indictments of other execs or their agents.