“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Not sure how concerned we should be about the new officiating we’re seeing. Simmons was saying we should be cause it’s going to hurt Brunson’s production. But I think we’ll have the potential to be an all time defense when healthy. And if we’re allowed to out physical teams on offense too, who better than a healthy OG and Randle?

This is you using data and not looking at the fact randle, brunson and og have been out numerous games and with brunson and randle gone who.else on this team will generate fouls...the rest of the team is chuckers(donte,burk,bogan) and the bigs dont even look at the rim when in the post

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Randle's absence also explains some of the FTA dropoff for NY (definitely not all). Before going down, he was taking 6.6 FTA per game. I like the move away from giving players incentive to aim for drawing contact instead of trying to get clean looks. But, I'm concerned that these adjustments will disappear in a seven-game series against a "star."
This is almost entirely due to missing Randle though
Precious doesn't get the calls Randle got
Definitely agree on the Randle front. Just curious what it could mean for Brunson. It feels like @Wargames worst fears could be a bit more valid if taller players are allowed to get more physical with Brunson too.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This is you using data and not looking at the fact randle, brunson and og have been out numerous games and with brunson and randle gone who.else on this team will generate fouls...the rest of the team is chuckers(donte,burk,bogan) and the bigs dont even look at the rim when in the post
Guys, the whole league is down. I’m not talking about the fact that we’re top 3 on this list. Just how we think a more physical league will impact our offense and Brunson specifically, in the playoffs.