“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I hate to say it but they might have the shorten the rotation….
Respectfully Disagree with this. By all accounts the offense is doing what it’s meant to do. Julius in the post wing commanding double teams and kicking it out or Brunson on the high pick and roll.

The offense is generating open shots (which it’s meant to do) we are just not hitting the open shots.

Right now Brunson is shooting 37 percent and Randle is at 28 percent. We just have to weather this for a little bit.

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
By the way Boston is better than us and so is New Orleans with Zion

It was a back to back beginning of the season, we didn’t shoot well, turnovers killed us, Randle has been terrible let’s not overreact

Yeah people forget that NO with Zion were a first place team last season until his injury.

Dude is a clear difference maker for them.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Nothing to overreact about. Bunch of good squads are currently sitting at 1-2 or even 0-3.

We lost a close one to a championship contender in boston. Beat who we had to, even though we made it harder than it should of been.

Then lost on a back to back, i don’t think pels are better than us with or without zion.

I’m not concerned about the record, I am slightly concerned about the slow start of randle. Hopefully he can turn it around by week 2, or game 5.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the league is deeper this year and teams are healthier. We made no upgrades, we lost depth actually. There will be very few easy nights for us this year.

We better focus on defense cause both Randle and Brunson are spotty shooters who have trouble with zones and traps. Even in that hawk w, we gave up way too many points and realistically, we can't shoot that good on a regular basis.

Randle is coming off surgery as well and giving Obi's minutes to I hart has slowed down our fast break opportunies and messed with our spacing since u couldnt leave obi open for three.

Cavs aint losing to us twice after what happened in da playoffs. Hopefully we get one of em but after that we got da bucks and clippers. Spurs aint no easy w either.

We can't get into any deep holes.

Last edited:

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
the league is deeper this year and teams are healthier. We made no upgrades, we lost depth actually. There will be very few easy nights for us this year.

We better focus on defense cause both Randle and Brunson are spotty shooters who have trouble with zones and traps. Even in that hawk w, we gave up way too many points and realistically, we can't shoot that good on a regular basis.

Randle is coming off surgery as well and giving Obi's minutes to I hart has slowed down our fast break opportunies and messed with our spacing since u couldnt leave obi open for three.

Cavs aint losing to us twice after what happened in da playoffs. Hopefully we get one of em but after that we got da bucks and clippers. Spurs aint no easy w either.

We can't get into any deep holes.
lol the season just started everyone is healthy. ironically we went against a team with 3 players out.
we did upgrade with regards to plugging in a player that fits how we want to play...going from obi to donte. internal growth is happening with iq, rj and grimes.
brunson isnt a spotty shooter. he's elite in the mid range and catch and shoot...and has been for multiple years.
obi played the majority of his minutes next to a traditional center...usually ihart.
we have way more spacing without obi and shot at a high clip in 2 out of the 3 games.
yal doom and glooming not even making sense
randle just needs to step up and brunson just needs to play at the baseline he established last year. we'll win a lot of games but this game was a scheduled loss. back to backs are real.
top two guns played bad. thats why we lost. nothing more nothing less.
every everyones top 2 leading scorers from the prior year dont play well...odds are they lost
the sample sizes are too small to start this shyt
bringing up obi now is nonsensical
just relax bro

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol the season just started everyone is healthy. ironically we went against a team with 3 players out.
we did upgrade with regards to plugging in a player that fits how we want to play...going from obi to donte. internal growth is happening with iq, rj and grimes.
brunson isnt a spotty shooter. he's elite in the mid range and catch and shoot...and has been for multiple years.
obi played the majority of his minutes next to a traditional center...usually ihart.
we have way more spacing without obi and shot at a high clip in 2 out of the 3 games.
yal doom and glooming not even making sense
randle just needs to step up and brunson just needs to play at the baseline he established last year. we'll win a lot of games but this game was a scheduled loss. back to backs are real.
top two guns played bad. thats why we lost. nothing more nothing less.
every everyones top 2 leading scorers from the prior year dont play well...odds are they lost
the sample sizes are too small to start this shyt
bringing up obi now is nonsensical
just relax bro
my bad, i meant to say brunson is a spotty three point shooter. Making him settle for 3s all game cause he can't get into the lane won't end well. We can get away doing that with certain teams that cant play defense, but against the elite teams it will be a issue.

We didnt need donte on this team. He was only acquired because he's Brunson's friend.
We have more then enough guards on this team. Obi brought a different dynamic to da team. He brought size, space, and athleticism
and da ability to play fast. That hasnt been replaced with anyone.

Also we needed to upgrade da 3 position and we didnt do that. i dont care that we loss, i care about how we loss

We can sit here and ignore da issues if you want, but they aint going away :yeshrug:

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
my bad, i meant to say brunson is a spotty three point shooter. Making him settle for 3s all game cause he can't get into the lane won't end well. We can get away doing that with certain teams that cant play defense, but against the elite teams it will be a issue.

We didnt need donte on this team. He was only acquired because he's Brunson's friend.
We have more then enough guards on this team. Obi brought a different dynamic to da team. He brought size, space, and athleticism
and da ability to play fast. That hasnt been replaced with anyone.

Also we needed to upgrade da 3 position and we didnt do that. i dont care that we loss, i care about how we loss

We can sit here and ignore da issues if you want, but they aint going away :yeshrug:
he's not a spotty 3 point shooter either lol he's a career 39 percent shooter from 3...and with more volume and off the dribble last year he shot over 40 percent. good shooters have off games. it happens.
obis dynamism is so fraudulent. he never used his athleticism for anything other that breakaway dunks. he aint never posterized anyone, he never stayed in front of anyone on defense, he never rebounded at a high level. he played like a high flying guard without the other guard skills.
obi doesnt solve the fact we need functional athleticism at the wing. we need couple 6'6-8 guys that do multiple things at a high level. unfortunately those guys are expensive nor does this front office prioritize that. we dont even draft that.
I can agree we're doing too much with all these 6'4 and shorter players....while the league is moving to a more uniform approach about versatility.
this roster on paper screams 1997. thibs was running lineups with 4 6'4 and shorter dudes and mitch :mjlol:
we'll still win a lot of games with this roster but in the playoffs the shortcomings will come out.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
These guys didn't have legs by the fourth quarter of the Atlanta game. They were kinda bound to shoot like shyt. I'm not happy with the performance, but I wouldn't panic just yet.

My main complaint is wtf is up with the scheduling? They had a terribly timed back-to-back in the preseason; then they have a tough back-to-back starting on their second game of the season; and next they have ANOTHER back-to-back with a playoff opponent right after (home and away with Cleveland).

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
i don’t think pels are better than us with or without zion.
Well you’re wrong they’re absolutely better than us with Zion.

They were 23-13 and were the one seed in the West at one point before he went down.

Don’t be delusional now.