“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
Nah if he comes, Deuce ain't playing at all lol
To be honest, i just dont get the hype about him
you probably felt that way about OG.
he's plug and play....you never realize the impact of consistency until you have it
the knicks won 9 games in a row despite having a nightly 3-4 minute stretch with no points.
health permitting, you give brogdon 24 minutes, he's giving you 15points 5 assists and being hyperefficient....while being a solid defender
deuces entire offensive value is based on if he's hitting 3s or not up until this point. he's not creating advantages on offense, breaking down defenses. it gets clunky....thats not a gripe on deuce....he's just not consistent at the other things you want a lead guard to be.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you probably felt that way about OG.
he's plug and play....you never realize the impact of consistency until you have it
the knicks won 9 games in a row despite having a nightly 3-4 minute stretch with no points.
health permitting, you give brogdon 24 minutes, he's giving you 15points 5 assists and being hyperefficient....while being a solid defender
deuces entire offensive value is based on if he's hitting 3s or not up until this point. he's not creating advantages on offense, breaking down defenses. it gets clunky....thats not a gripe on deuce....he's just not consistent at the other things you want a lead guard to be.
Stopped reading after this,
how dare you :mjlol:

I was the biggest advocate for that trade when half the people in here were crying about Quickly.
I was in full support of the trade and never changed my opinion once. i even argued with dumb asses outside of this thread.

This trade is different than that one.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Stopped reading after this,
how dare you :mjlol:

I was the biggest advocate for that trade when half the people in here were crying about Quickly.
I was in full support of the trade and never changed my opinion once. i even argued with dumb asses outside of this thread.

This trade is different than that one.
to not want malcolm brogdon cause of deuce mcbride minutes is more egregious than anything. :mjlol:
in lineups where deuce is the lead guard the knicks offensive rating would rank last in the nba. its still a +20 cause the defensive rating per 100 possessions is still like 82 points.
you can lose games in the playoffs being that inept offensively for any kind of stretch like that
shyt we lost game 6 cause we put deucein the game and the 14 point lead shrunk in 3.5 minutes :mjlol:
deuce aint going no where, he cant be traded and he's on a bargain deal for 3 years. you'll be okay if he gets made situational :mjlol:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to not want malcolm brogdon cause of deuce mcbride minutes is more egregious than anything. :mjlol:
in lineups where deuce is the lead guard the knicks offensive rating would rank last in the nba. its still a +20 cause the defensive rating per 100 possessions is still like 82 points.
you can lose games in the playoffs being that inept offensively for any kind of stretch like that
shyt we lost game 6 cause we put deucein the game and the 14 point lead shrunk in 3.5 minutes :mjlol:
deuce aint going no where, he cant be traded and he's on a bargain deal for 3 years. you'll be okay if he gets made situational :mjlol:
I don't see the hype about Brogden
He's rotting away in portland for a reason and he's injury prone
I never said Deuce is a better platyer den him, so i dont why you're droppin all these nerd stats

:mjlol:

I aint giving up Grimes for him

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
I don't see the hype about Brogden
He's rotting away in portland for a reason and he's injury prone
I never said Deuce is a better platyer den him, so i dont why you're droppin all these nerd stats

:mjlol:

I aint giving up Grimes for him
do the knowledge nikka. he aint rotting away he's averaging 16 shooting 40 percent from 3 and near the top of the league in catch and shoot 3s + 5 assists per game and good defense.
rozier went for salary filler and a pick...brogdon aint going for more than salary filler (fournier) and a pick + a second...if that.
you have to think from the perspective of...who can fill in if brunson is out for a game or two.

you're clearly not aware of what players are doing outside of your knicks scope....or what their going rate is.
the nikka literally won 6th man of the year last year lmao what are we talking about.
you dont bring him here to play him 30 minutes a night to risk injury. you bring him here to spell brunson, and to be a good fill-in for when brunson doesnt play....
it also helps his skillset is very complementary to brunson and you can play him WITH jalen....

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
do the knowledge nikka. he aint rotting away he's averaging 16 shooting 40 percent from 3 and near the top of the league in catch and shoot 3s + 5 assists per game and good defense.
rozier went for salary filler and a pick...brogdon aint going for more than salary filler (fournier) and a pick + a second...if that.
you have to think from the perspective of...who can fill in if brunson is out for a game or two.

you're clearly not aware of what players are doing outside of your knicks scope....or what their going rate is.
the nikka literally won 6th man of the year last year lmao what are we talking about.
you dont bring him here to play him 30 minutes a night to risk injury. you bring him here to spell brunson, and to be a good fill-in for when brunson doesnt play....
it also helps his skillset is very complementary to brunson and you can play him WITH jalen....

IQ shoulda won 6th man of da year not him:sas2:
If we can trade him for fournier and a second round pick, i'm down with that
Anything more, no thanks
He's a good player but You are overrating him.
Bucks pacers and Boston all bailed on him
And he also said he;s happy on bum ass Portland and doesn't wanna be traded so stop begging :mjlol:

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
IQ shoulda won 6th man of da year not him:sas2:
If we can trade him for fournier and a second round pick, i'm down with that
Anything more, no thanks
He's a good player but You are overrating him.
Bucks pacers and Boston all bailed on him
And he also said he;s happy on bum ass Portland and doesn't wanna be traded so stop begging :mjlol:
idgaf about all that. whether he should have won the award is irrelevant as he was in the discussion. we need a creator off the bench period
he's going for one of the firsts we own from another team and maybe a second. you dont get "good players" for NOTHING...and its deeper than just his play. his contract can be flippable for trades over the summer or the next deadline.

our analytics department is probably the largest in the nba. the reason our roster looks the way it does is cause of "nerd stats"
dont dismiss things you dont understand bro lol
og is here cause of the analytics side of the game...not cause he has a cool nickname lol
hartensteins contract? pure analytics.
donte and hart arent here cause they're just jalens friend....for however much I despise josh harts game....analytically he's a plus.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idgaf about all that. whether he should have won the award is irrelevant as he was in the discussion. we need a creator off the bench period
he's going for one of the firsts we own from another team and maybe a second. you dont get "good players" for NOTHING...and its deeper than just his play. his contract can be flippable for trades over the summer or the next deadline.

our analytics department is probably the largest in the nba. the reason our roster looks the way it does is cause of "nerd stats"
dont dismiss things you dont understand bro lol
og is here cause of the analytics side of the game...not cause he has a cool nickname lol
hartensteins contract? pure analytics.
donte and hart arent here cause they're just jalens friend....for however much I despise josh harts game....analytically he's a plus

You used the "nerd stats" to prove he was better than Mcbride, which is irrevelant cause i never said wasnt better than Mcbride :mjlol: The eye test will tell you that, da breakdown was unnecessary lol

You also contradicted yourself because u said Mcbride is horrible in da numbers deparment but we just paid him and he's been balling lol by your argument, he shouldnt even be on the team

OG is here cause he's a solid defensive high iq basketball player who brought balance to a team that had 3 different players that needed da ball in their hands starting. It aint as complicated as your trying to make it lol.

You're going off topic and bouncing all over the place. If we can get brogden for only giving up Fournier and some picks, im down. I dont think he's worth any other player...and you're already talking about trading him lmao

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
You used the "nerd stats" to prove he was better than Mcbride, which is irrevelant cause i never said wasnt better than Mcbride :mjlol: The eye test will tell you that, da breakdown was unnecessary lol

You also contradicted yourself because u said Mcbride is horrible in da numbers deparment but we just paid him and he's been balling lol by your argument, he shouldnt even be on the team

You're going off topic and bouncing all over the place. If we can get brogden for only giving up Fournier and some picks, im down. I dont think he's worth any other player...and you're already talking about trading him lmao
i used nerd stats to give you the profile of the type of player the knicks front office values....and it went right over your head.
they value two way players that complement jalen and julius. They paid deuce mcbride cause he's still developing...and he plays defense and shoots the 3 at a high clip. and lets not get it twisted we gave him chump change relatively speaking to make him cost controlled. which is cap work, which is also part of the analytic department. you need cheap cost controlled talent while you have your stars making millions. in a capped sport the knicks pay out the ass to a bunch of nerds to gain an advantage in the margins. whether its paying cap nerds in the front office or analytically inclined talent evaluators. (the knicks are 17th in payroll and have a top 3 seed as we speak) thats a direct correlation.
I already gave you a comparable player that only went for a salary filler + pick. you just think brogdon is overrated for some reason and keep creating these outlandish costs for him to have some reason to not target him.
a rotational player should never be on the table for him.