“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I told ya’ll lmao :mjlol:

These dudes probably ain’t doing another move until the offseason. Hell there is a legit chance they accept Fournier’s team option to trade him next season as an expiring too.
That sucks for Fournier. Like, I know it’s stupid to feel bad for a multiple millionaire but sitting the bench hostage for 2.5 years is fukked up.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That sucks for Fournier. Like, I know it’s stupid to feel bad for a multiple millionaire but sitting the bench hostage for 2.5 years is fukked up.
He isnt getting 18 mil next year any other way, and I doubt they let that expire It’s their only way to go over the cap without moving a key piece. His best case scenario low key is they keep him, move him over the summer and he works himself into a final deal that is decent money.

if they do trade him it might be either for a 2 year longer contract (aka expire next year) or they get somebody on waivers who they can artificially boost their salary to a similar amount for that eventual trade.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Yea, I agree.

And just putting my lawyer hat on, if I were counsel for the NBPA, I'd be drafting a complaint against the Knicks and Dolan for intentionally harming the opportunity of a represented member to play by unreasonably freezing his playtime.

I'd also say that this affects his future earning potential as, considering his age and veteran ststus, he is well into a critical part of his career where current performance evaluation will be necessary to properly assess his value.

The above is more like an "idea on a napkin" but, I could actually look at the CBA and make a solod complaint, I'm sure of it.

It'll fail and be denied but it'll atleast get the spotlight on the Knicks manahemsnt of Evan and that's publicity they don't need.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The man has an agent and is part of the players union. There's nothing stopping him or his agent from complaining to the union if he thinks he's being mistreated.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Yea, I agree.

And just putting my lawyer hat on, if I were counsel for the NBPA, I'd be drafting a complaint against the Knicks and Dolan for intentionally harming the opportunity of a represented member to play by unreasonably freezing his playtime.

I'd also say that this affects his future earning potential as, considering his age and veteran ststus, he is well into a critical part of his career where current performance evaluation will be necessary to properly assess his value.

The above is more like an "idea on a napkin" but, I could actually look at the CBA and make a solod complaint, I'm sure of it.

It'll fail and be denied but it'll atleast get the spotlight on the Knicks manahemsnt of Evan and that's publicity they don't need.
Yea. Taking the opposite side, aside from good will, where are the Knicks obligated to play a player? They hold up their end of the bargain by paying him biweekly. How they decide to use him as a basketball player is entirely at their discretion. If that was the case, every player on a minimum as the 15th man could hypothetically sue for “mismanagement” of future earnings. There is a very clear basketball argument for why Fournier doesn’t play.

I wonder if my counter argument still holds up when the Knick pick his option up though.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
:mjlol: That French fakkit is making generational life changing money to sit on the bench. Basically getting free floor seats to the best show in town.

:camby: Fukk feeling bad for that croissant eating fakkit.