“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
thibs is a moron. if tim hardaway scores 70 points on you cause you trapped kyrie so be it.
thibs let one of the greatest isolation players in the history of the game play 1 on 1 until the last 5 minutes of the game
And Clyde was calling that out the whole time. I understand having faith in OG but if Kyrie is feeling it, then double teaming is the answer

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
You double sporadically. You can't play 4o3 for 48 minutes.
actually you do when you got reputational non-shooters on the court like derrick jones jr....who kyrie played 90 percent of his minutes with.
teams do it all the time when they put rim protectors on the worst shooter who happen to sit in the corner for 3.
but when you coach from a template and not a feel you get caught up and lose games you shouldnt when the adjustments were right in your face

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Anyhow this is a continuation of what we saw in Orlando defensively before the OG trade but the Mavs just added a wrinkle with the 3 guard lineup. 3 guards is something teams don’t normally consider with the Knicks because we had Mitch back there waiting to swat attackers and get rebounds.

shyt I wonder if lowkey Thibs didn’t want to put two small guards together because he knew once a team tried to match the lineup the difference between IHart and Mitch would be a problem.

The one good thino is a lot of teams don’t have a defender like Josh Green, and then three scoring guards like Kyrie, Hardy, and Timmy On their roster. Most teams can’t just do 3 guard line ups all night. It’s one of the reasons Thibs himself likes to run 3 guard bench units, most teams can’t match that.

I mean, I don’t want to go into trade scenarios but offensively this is why the Knicks want someone to put Randle and Brunson off ball. Both of them can shoot threes At a high clip.

Defensively aint shyt they can do to stop this but hope IHart steps up and Mitch heals soon.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Eh, he doesn’t want to show too early so they adjust. It almost worked.
Nah Thibs should have did that in third when Julius and Kyrie were going at it. Julius leads us back then Kyrie goes off. That double team should have happened then.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
defensively ain’t much they can do against this small 3 guards lineup but thank the basketball God Mitch is coming back this season. They wouldn’t dare play small or attack the paint as much with him guarding it.

offensively this is why the Knicks are looking at another ball handler. When teams put their Josh Greens, Anthony Whites, Jrue…. Etc on Brunson and then tell everyone else to focus on collapsing on Randle in the paint. shyt gets ugly. It would be good to have a third guard who can let Brunson play off ball and just shoot or a second scorer for Randle yip games.

Also Randle needs to hit is 3‘s. He’s having another Yip Game

:francis:
This is one of the things miami did to beat us.
This is why i say Brunson height works against him at times and we need to surround him with size.

Also, the difference between kyrie and Brunson skill wise is night and day...and There's a lot of ppl who wouldnt even put kyrie in da superstar category lol Kyrie barely hoops as well.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is one of the things miami did to beat us.
This is why i say Brunson height works against him at times and we need to surround him with size.

Also, the difference between kyrie and Brunson skill wise is night and day...and There's a lot of ppl who wouldnt even put kyrie in da superstar category lol Kyrie barely hoops as well.
Kyrie is amazing but he’s injury prone and crazy.

Also I wrote it in a few post but they knew how to exploit the Knicks, teams have been creating tape for each other, to figure it out just like every other team. Without Mitch Kyrie was going to attack the paint and if you try to crowd it he can shoot. He wasn’t using his dribble to attack as much because he didn’t have too and OG help defense might catch him sleeping,

If we had Mitch, I think Mcbride, Grimes, and OG would have given him and the other guards a rough night like they gave Randle and Brunson.

Right now it seems like the defense for the Knicks is stick an above average, long armed defender on Brunson to force him to dribble in the paint just long enough to collapse on him and then do the same to Randle. If the Knicks could put Brunson off ball he could stretch the floor but running around to get open and negating the long arms a bit. Also in general Randle needs to work on his 3 pt shooting.

Plus I don’t care what anyone says adding a scorer who can be a 2nd scorer if Randle or Brunson is having a bad game doesn’t hurt. Brunson and Randle are great players but neither of them is so good they are unstoppable. The threshold to win isn’t as high as it was before the game but the knicks still got holes on the roster.

Last edited: