“Villanova Dogs and a Domesticated WildKAT... Make It Make Sense..." Official 2024 NY Knicks off-season Thread

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
What frustrated me about that L last night was Grimes had it going in the 3rd & then he got froze out of the game. Grimes needs to be more aggressive plain & simple. And then stupid Thibs benches him & tries to bring him back in too late but the damage was done & he got cold on the bench. When someone has it going the way he did in the 3rd, they need to keep feeding the hot hand. We need more ball movement like in the first half

Instead, we got a full dose iso ball with Randle being the leader of that coughing the ball up & putting up bad shots

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What frustrated me about that L last night was Grimes had it going in the 3rd & then he got froze out of the game. Grimes needs to be more aggressive plain & simple. And then stupid Thibs benches him & tries to bring him back in too late but the damage was done & he got cold on the bench. When someone has it going the way he did in the 3rd, they need to keep feeding the hot hand. We need more ball movement like in the first half

Instead, we got a full dose iso ball with Randle being the leader of that coughing the ball up & putting up bad shots
Yea it’s like they gotta be reminded to get their teammates involved. Mitch lashed out and started getting more lobs. Grimes is going to have to stand up for himself cause it doesn’t seem like the coaching staff does it.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

We’re all in agreement that this is a no thanks right?

Nah I think RJ and secured his spot on the roster. They should go for Jerami Grant he is almost all star level, good iso defender on a overpay contract but it balances out because it’s guaranteed for years as the cap goes up.

The Knicks are closer than I think a lot of fans appreciate. They just need that X-factor to fukk other teams over and I think Depth could be that factor.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps

We’re all in agreement that this is a no thanks right?

RJ still got to prove he can sustain some form of efficiency throughout the course of an entire season. I'm not really sold on anything after 7 games. This could just be another prelude to yet another month and a half of trash ball sending his stock to the toilet again. Then everyone blames the FO for holding onto him for too long. It's a slippery slope lol.

With all that said, that Lavine contract is......:patrice:

And truth be told, if Chicago really want to blow it up, I'd try to see what's good w/ Caruso

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
RJ still got to prove he can sustain some form of efficiency throughout the course of an entire season. I'm not really sold on anything after 7 games. This could just be another prelude to yet another month and a half of trash ball sending his stock to the toilet again. Then everyone blames the FO for holding onto him for too long. It's a slippery slope lol.

With all that said, that Lavine contract is......:patrice:

And truth be told, if Chicago really want to blow it up, I'd try to see what's good w/ Caruso
I like Caruso but we are extremely good on guard depth. We desperately need a big wing. And a big wing who can moonlight as a 4 is even better. @Wargames is right on the money with Jerami Grant.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I like Caruso but we are extremely good on guard depth. We desperately need a big wing. And a big wing who can moonlight as a 4 is even better. @Wargames is right on the money with Jerami Grant.

Then this discussion needs to be tabled until January when Grant is actually eligible to be traded. If RJ sustains close to this level of production thru the new year, they're not going to trade for a player with that kind of contract just to have him come off the bench. And you're not benching RJ at that point either.

And then if RJ craters (again), does Portland even want him back in the deal?

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Then this discussion needs to be tabled until January when Grant is actually eligible to be traded. If RJ sustains close to this level of production thru the new year, they're not going to trade for a player with that kind of contract just to have him come off the bench. And you're not benching RJ at that point either.

I don’t think you trade RJ for Grant. Grant would them on the low saying “we know we gonna lose Randle or Brunson in 2 years or IQ and IHart this summer. so let’s go for it now”. It’s a move to load up with the most talented depth and try to effectively got 10 vs 7 or 8 all playoffs and get a championship by being deeper than everyone else.

Flipside there is just as good an argument that they don’t move Founier and let him expire so that is 18 Mil added to the pot needed to keep IQ and Hart.

If they do well enough Dolan could also just pay to e keep them and see if they can win a chip before Brunson and Randle demand 50-60 Mil a year.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think you trade RJ for Grant. Grant would them on the low saying “we know we gonna lose Randle or Brunson in 2 years or IQ and IHart this summer. so let’s go for it now”. It’s a move to load up with the most talented depth and try to effectively got 10 vs 7 or 8 all playoffs and get a championship by being deeper than everyone else.

Flipside there is just as good an argument that they don’t move Founier and let him expire so that is 18 Mil added to the pot needed to keep IQ and Hart.

If they do well enough Dolan could also just pay to e keep them and see if they can win a chip before Brunson and Randle demand 50-60 Mil a year.

If RJ continues playing how he is then obviously you dont offer him for Grant.

I only mentioned that because around this time last year, you couldnt give him away if you tried.

If thats a move thats going to be made, realistically I-Hart, Fournier, and a pick should be enough. Again, that Grant contract is horrific.

My opinion though is this team is not a Jerami Grant away from competing for a title. No sensible team takes on that type of commitment on a sub-All star talent to come off the bench unless he's the final piece to the puzzle, which again I dont think he is.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Start both. Grimes goes to the bench. Grant is your starting 3 and backup four when Julius goes out.

The offer was never RJ for Grant. His contract isn’t THAT crazy. You can do Fournier and Daquan Jeffries for Grant straight up. Probably need to throw in 2 of the non Knick firsts. But like dude said, we’d have to wait until January.

Grant makes us bigger, deeper and more versatile on defense.

Last edited: