[VIDEO] Why black people fail to build generational wealth.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Might be contrarian on this but the way I see it, buying a house is cool but most kids are not gonna want to live in the house they grew up in. That shyt is gonna get sold and the money will be used to stunt a little.yes they could rent it out but most won't. Especially if you have multiple kids, they selling the house and splitting the money (more simple).

It starts with family culture. As fukked up as it sounds, most mainstream hip hop culture needs to be thrown in the bushes. Matter of fact, mainstream American culture needs to be thrown in the bushes. Anti intellectualism to the bushes. Obsession with sex and ironically obsession with materialism needs to go. As a man, you need to view your family like a business. You need to love the fukk out of your business cause that's where your true wealth is. You need to protect that business but also be firm in leading it. Choose your wife carefully cause it might be the most important decision of your life. Be very intentional about the values you instill in your offspring. Be a role model to your wife and kids. Make sure your family's culture is to be financially literate and to not give a fukk what other people think (that includes your kids but your wife as well).

Once that foundation piece is laid, it won't matter as much if you decide to buy a home and pass it down, if your kids decide to sell it or keep it, or if you start a business, have a job, or if you invest in stocks, etc. Multiple ways to skin a cat. But whatever you do, once you pass it down, your kids will know how to move based on the circumstances because it will be part of their family culture. Your affairs will also be in order (wills, insurance, etc) because it will be part of your family culture.

Random points I'd like to add:

-date and marry black.

-Best way to build generational wealth is to start a scalable business that delivers value to plenty of people. I personally would look into things people have to buy over and over that are cheap to manufacture, or subscription based products/services where they will stick with you for life and spend monthly.

-Not everyone's calling is business, you can still build a great family by having a job and providing the proper culture and foundation for your kids so that they can thrive if they happen to be entrepreneurially inclined.

-dont be afraid to pay for learning money making skills. But watch out for scams.

-yes, white people also consume american culture and materialism. They can afford to cause the system got their back. It's not fair, but it is what it is. So protect your family's culture even more fiercely against materialism and anti intellectualism.

-worry about your family before you worry about "the community". Stop looking for thought-leaders. Most of them are hustlers and charlatans.

-Dont be a simp or a sucker. But still be a good person.

This might be the realest shyt i ever posted. Now let me go back to JBO so i can find a PAWG I can beat my meat to...
If your kids can't even level up off renting or selling your house, why would you expect them the run a family business?
I agree with having a family culture around financial literacy without it your kids are going fukk off whatever you created.

Last edited:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I don't have children and don't lan on having any.

I got about 17 nieces and nephews. The older ones I wouldn't leave anything. They are terrible with money. Didn't listen to any advice. When I'm gone they blow through it in a year.

Counting on some of the younger ones to have some financial responsibility.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Is that stopping you from building generational wealth right now?
You said Black ppl...meaning Black ppl in general

Applying what the individual can do to a whole group when they've been disenfranchised since they've been in this country is fukking foolish

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Part of the problem is the generations of systematic and violent racism.

The other part is our community no longer wants to sacrifice. They want to go from poor to rich and that was never how it worked. While I have done well for myself I can admit my generation (Gen X) did not leave you kids with the tools to succeed as a collective.

How about we start with reducing our debt and investing in life insurance, slow growth investments., owning property if possible.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Part of the problem is the generations of systematic and violent racism.

The other part is our community no longer wants to sacrifice. They want to go from poor to rich and that was never how it worked. While I have done well for myself I can admit my generation (Gen X) did not leave you kids with the tools to succeed as a collective.

How about we start with reducing our debt and investing in life insurance, slow growth investments., owning property if possible.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
You said Black ppl...meaning Black ppl in general

Applying what the individual can do to a whole group when they've been disenfranchised since they've been in this country is fukking foolish
That’s not what I asked. What’s stopping YOU right NOW from creating generational wealth? No where in my post did I say all black people.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Yes the fukk they are:gucci:

Them bytches who you see doing nails and feet ain’t making shyt

Them cooks getting replaced by Mexicans

And their enclaves are gentrifying in droves. Tf that tell you