[VIDEO] Why black people fail to build generational wealth.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
the problem I have with your type of sarcasm is it’s easy to have the I did it so why can’t “we” do it approach but this country/government/system is not designed for a majority of us to do so…it’s just fukking not…the 80s was a time when AA communities were becoming largely conscious…and the government struck back against this awakening by allowing drugs to be flooded into those same communities…now we see them literally taking legal steps to attempt to erase our history in this country in the classrooms to combat “being woke” (a term that they’ve now b*stardized) and this is not even taking into account the fukking hole we had to climb out of due to slavery, segregation, etc. I’ll never understand how ppl downplay these systemic attempts at keeping/holding us back (and I am just scratching the surface) to make these types of quips…these muthafukkas are continuing to play a wicked game and have been doing so for centuries and some of y’all just gloss over the shyt smh

I'm not downplaying the system, why do you keep bringing that up? Everytime this topic comes up those same talking points are posted

There's 100 ways to make money and Society doesn't respect a man with his hands out.

The Observer

All Star
Daps
Generational wealth starts by buying your own house, which you can all do now and provide for future generations instead of complaining about not being given anything from your parents.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
I'm not downplaying the system, why do you keep bringing that up? Everytime this topic comes up those same talking points are posted

There's 100 ways to make money and Society doesn't respect a man with his hands out.
It does. Just depends on who's hands. :sas2: Banks and large companies get hand outs all the time. It's amazing how perception works.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Generational wealth starts by buying your own house, which you can all do now and provide for future generations instead of complaining about not being given anything from your parents.
A house and a car are people’s typical greatest expenses. If you can eliminate both of those you can live very well on very little. For many people that’s an extra $2K a month they’d have access to save and invest. In 15 years at 8% compound growth that’s almost $668K. In 20 years that’s $1.1 million. In 30 that’s $2.7 million.

I would say one person leaving their heirs almost $3 million is generational wealth. With owning a house outright that invested would pay almost $70K a year in dividends at 2.5% yield enough for a reasonable with no housing expense to live off of even without a job.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Might be contrarian on this but the way I see it, buying a house is cool but most kids are not gonna want to live in the house they grew up in. That shyt is gonna get sold and the money will be used to stunt a little.yes they could rent it out but most won't. Especially if you have multiple kids, they selling the house and splitting the money (more simple).

It starts with family culture. As fukked up as it sounds, most mainstream hip hop culture needs to be thrown in the bushes. Matter of fact, mainstream American culture needs to be thrown in the bushes. Anti intellectualism to the bushes. Obsession with sex and ironically obsession with materialism needs to go. As a man, you need to view your family like a business. You need to love the fukk out of your business cause that's where your true wealth is. You need to protect that business but also be firm in leading it. Choose your wife carefully cause it might be the most important decision of your life. Be very intentional about the values you instill in your offspring. Be a role model to your wife and kids. Make sure your family's culture is to be financially literate and to not give a fukk what other people think (that includes your kids but your wife as well).

Once that foundation piece is laid, it won't matter as much if you decide to buy a home and pass it down, if your kids decide to sell it or keep it, or if you start a business, have a job, or if you invest in stocks, etc. Multiple ways to skin a cat. But whatever you do, once you pass it down, your kids will know how to move based on the circumstances because it will be part of their family culture. Your affairs will also be in order (wills, insurance, etc) because it will be part of your family culture.

Random points I'd like to add:

-date and marry black.

-Best way to build generational wealth is to start a scalable business that delivers value to plenty of people. I personally would look into things people have to buy over and over that are cheap to manufacture, or subscription based products/services where they will stick with you for life and spend monthly.

-Not everyone's calling is business, you can still build a great family by having a job and providing the proper culture and foundation for your kids so that they can thrive if they happen to be entrepreneurially inclined.

-dont be afraid to pay for learning money making skills. But watch out for scams.

-yes, white people also consume american culture and materialism. They can afford to cause the system got their back. It's not fair, but it is what it is. So protect your family's culture even more fiercely against materialism and anti intellectualism.

-worry about your family before you worry about "the community". Stop looking for thought-leaders. Most of them are hustlers and charlatans.

-Dont be a simp or a sucker. But still be a good person.

This might be the realest shyt i ever posted. Now let me go back to JBO so i can find a PAWG I can beat my meat to...

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Black people when you talk about LLCs and generational wealth

cheerleader-excited.gif

Black people when you talk about getting married to actually start generations

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif