[VIDEO] PRIME Jerry West highlights (The NBA Logo) ... holy sh*t!

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Force him left :smugdraper:

He will just switch hands... He favors his right but he aint a ritard, dude makes several good plays off his weak hand in the video just fine when forced that way. Besides he would b allowed to handle the ball better wth todays looser dribbling rules it would free up his game. He and others had to dribble palms down in the 60s, today players are allowed much more flexibility to carry the ball

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
He will just switch hands... He favors his right but he aint a ritard, dude makes several good plays off his weak hand in the video just fine when forced that way. Besides he would b allowed to handle the ball better wth todays looser dribbling rules it would free up his game. He and others had to dribble palms down in the 60s, today players are allowed much more flexibility to carry the ball

:huhldup:

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People been trying to force Manu & Odom right for a decade.

His pull up jumper was vicious, dude could take it off balance and square his shoulders up in the air :sadcam:

Dan, how did you find all this video, you some kind of historian or some shyt :ohhh:

I have many hours of games, game segments, documentaries and league film from the 60s, i started collecting it hunting for Wilt footage because that dude gets talked about like hes a god by his peers and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I innevitably acquire footage of the other legends in the process. Some of these teams and players could really ball I wish I could highlight at least 2 dozen players but it takes a long time to comb through everything so Im only planning on doing Baylor and Russell next

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
for some reason the highlights reminded me of the way kobe plays now; Of course he got a better dribble; but he relies on that pull up a lot like the logo did

Daps
for some reason the highlights reminded me of the way kobe plays now; Of course he got a better dribble; but he relies on that pull up a lot like the logo did

Thats because Kobe learned everything he could from the logo when he was still with the Lakers and applied it. Kobe actually uses a lot of the same moves he is just more flashy with it. His whole game is pretty much a mixture of MJ and Jerry West

SPOT

They Call Me Speeeeez
Supporter
Daps
his pull up J was a work of art

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
What is it about older players who just knew their spots on the floor to just pull the trigger? They don't even have to look at the basket damn near....they just knew when they got to that spot, they were shooting.

The person closest I saw to that in recent years was Rip Hamilton.