Video of passanger plane in Brazil crashing

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I can't imagine being a passenger in that situation. The sheer horror anyone in that plane felt in those final 30 seconds is unfathomable. I remember reading Aaliyah's autopsy report and how they concluded she suffered cardiac arrest and likely would have died from the terror & shock even had she survived the initial impact. You never hop in a car or board an airplane thinking you are about to experience the final moments of your life.

helicopters are worse than commercial jets in crashes .

:hubie:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
EpmHdgZ.png

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Looks like a combination of things. Runaway flight control and engine flame-out induced stall.

The wind gusts looked crazy...

If the gusts are over your max tailwind component....it's a definite abort/reject regardless of the steady wind.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
You saw that plane in a flat stall and thought “not that bad” :dahell:

I was hoping it landed in some thick trees that would help break the fall and give the passengers a fighting chance.

It don't look like that happened.

A nose dive would've been worse. By the how it landed though, there may be a few survivors hopefully.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m saying. One thing goes wrong and it’s a wrap. I don’t mind driving at all lol
I get that but STILL, statistically flying is much much safer than driving.

Any dummy or drunk can get behind the wheel and kill you on the road at any moment. You can catch a flat on the interstate, hydroplane, have a mechanical failure, etc. Literally a million ways to die on the road. Thats why there are thousands and thousands of crashes per day.

On a plane there are very specific things that need to go wrong in order for them so crash. ESPECIALLY large commercial airliners, its beyond rare. The fact that its so rare and almost never happens, is why it scares people so much. Car crashes have been normalized, so its not as scary as it should be for most people.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I just got back from NYC I'm glad I didn't see this beforehand. The flight was great but I always have a moment or 2 that I imagine the plane crashing.

I have that feeling every time I get on a plane. I make peace with possibly dying every time I fly.