Video Game Deals OT

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Because if I want a game now I can just go pick it up instead of waiting for it to ship. :comeon: Amazon is only for preorders. On Amazon if you want a game on day one you would have to preorders and pay for expedited shipping. BB I just go pick it up. Also if I want a game that's been out for a few months Amazon would still have to ship it, I can still grab one off the shelf at BB.

The other thing is Best Buy Rewards. GCU doubles your points on all game purchases and recently they had the "preorder a game and get a 10 dollar gift certificate" deal for a bunch of games. So for that run by coupling my discount with the 10 dollar certificate, I was paying 38 dollars to preorder new games and stacking my reward points to get even more certificates. Between the reward points, gift certificates and GCU discount I've saved a ton.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The other thing is Best Buy Rewards. GCU doubles your points on all game purchases and recently they had the "preorder a game and get a 10 dollar gift certificate" deal for a bunch of games. So for that run by coupling my discount with the 10 dollar certificate, I was paying 38 dollars to preorder new games and stacking my reward points to get even more certificates. Between the reward points, gift certificates and GCU discount I've saved a ton.
Yeah, I've been a broken record going over the details of GCU on here. Some people don't understand the math. Its hands down the best deal at the moment.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Im rolling with amazon on guaranteed, day one purchases. :yeshrug:

GCU is cool for stuff I might find out that I want later on.

I buy more stuff on amazon as well so the definite 23% I save there, might be technically less than what I MIGHT get at best buy, but the amazon points are more useful to me.

All in all, im glad I have both options :win:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Right. But again, prime is for preorders only. BB GCU is for any new game at any time. It also only costs $15 a year.
Yeah those games you skip out on release that go on sale a few months later still get that 20% off at BB while they don't with Amazon. I have both Amazon Prime and GCU for different reasons. I don't even really use Amazon Prime for games.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Now that I think about it, I might do GCU with Uncharted. My best buy is usually inept and lets me get the game a day early :scheme:
4836700_sa.jpg;canvasHeight=300;canvasWidth=105

Sony Computer Entertainment America - Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End Pirate Sigil Coin - Gold
Only at Best Buy

Receive your very own Pirate Sigil Coin with your pre-order of Uncharted 4. This sigil coin is an important artifact in Nathan Drakes latest adventure.

:yeshrug:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Because if I want a game now I can just go pick it up instead of waiting for it to ship. :comeon: Amazon is only for preorders. On Amazon if you want a game on day one you would have to preorders and pay for expedited shipping. BB I just go pick it up. Also if I want a game that's been out for a few months Amazon would still have to ship it, I can still grab one off the shelf at BB.
For UFC2 I preordered and had it shipped and it arrived around 2 or 3 on release date. Around the time I would've went to pick it up anyway. That's through GCU.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
For UFC2 I preordered and had it shipped and it arrived around 2 or 3 on release date. Around the time I would've went to pick it up anyway. That's through GCU.
Picking up a game 3 days after release defeats the purpose of preordering.
If you are using Amazon Prime over BB GCU strictly for the gaming discounts you lost.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
My only issue with GCU is that my location has pretty shytty UPS services so I use an access point, and I can't change the settings to ship to the access point beforehand so I have to wait a day to get my pre-order.

I know I can arrange store pick up but the two nearest best buys aren't that close and their customer service sucks.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
PSN glitch. Get amplitude for PS3/4 for free.
Just did this from my web browser and it seems to still work

PlayStation Store has the Amplitude Demo (PlayStation 4) for free. To get the full game for free, follow these steps:

• 1) On Demo page, click "Try Free Demo" and purchase.
    2) Go to Amplitude Full Game (PS4) and click "Add to cart."
    3) The full game will appear as $0 in cart. Proceed to checkout and confirm purchase.
    4) You will now have the full 2.3GB game in your download list.
For me, instead adding the full game to the cart after downloading the demo, I went to the full game, and the option for "Download to PS4" appeared. I clicked that and it showed the download starting for my PS4.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
PSN glitch. Get amplitude for PS3/4 for free.
Just did this from my web browser and it seems to still work

PlayStation Store has the Amplitude Demo (PlayStation 4) for free. To get the full game for free, follow these steps:

• 1) On Demo page, click "Try Free Demo" and purchase.
    2) Go to Amplitude Full Game (PS4) and click "Add to cart."
    3) The full game will appear as $0 in cart. Proceed to checkout and confirm purchase.
    4) You will now have the full 2.3GB game in your download list.
For me, instead adding the full game to the cart after downloading the demo, I went to the full game, and the option for "Download to PS4" appeared. I clicked that and it showed the download starting for my PS4.
Played this last night. I'm gonna try that download demo, then download the full game trick more often. I'm glad I didn't pay for this though, its not a terrible game, it just feels dated. Its pretty much guitar hero with a regular controller.