Victor Oladipo the NBA's #1 pick

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I been watching all these guys this season. Oladipo is the best one I've seen. He looks like Dwayne Wade at Marquette. You can't stay in front of him. His defense is really good and he has very good BBIQ. He is my #1 player on the draft board.

I really like this draft more than most. It's not as deep as last year which no draft was in my opinion in terms of talent but this draft has a lot of talent.

1. Victor Oladipo- Dwayne Wade
2. Trey Burke- Terrell Brandon with elite court vision and BBIQ
3. Nerlens Noel- Freshman Marcus Camby
4. Ben McLemore- Elgin Baylor lite
5. Cody Zeller- Tom Chambers
6. CJ McCollum- Jrue Holiday, more polished and smart but less athleticism
7. Tony Mitchell- Shawn Kemp
8. Anthony Bennett - JUCO Larry Johnson
9. Shabazz Muhammad- Mitch Richmond
10. Alex Len- Big Z

Deepest position is PG.
Burke, McCollum, MCW, Smart, Young, and Pressley are all NBA level talents.
Burke is the brightest out the bunch. While he doesn't have amazing athleticism or quickness. He has elite BBIQ, elite skill level, and very good scoring instincts. One of the best in his class.

McCollum is the one most likely to reach his potential due to the fact he can just about play in every system. He is a potential All Star.

Michael Carter Williams is extremely gifted but his average BBIQ, can't shoot, and isn't always committed to defense. He reminds some of a pre-injury Shaun Livingston but he reminds me of Tony Wroten with a bit more BBIQ but not quite the athlete of Wroten.

Smart is a very talented player who could actually break the top 3 next year if he waits. He won't be 1 or 2. That's all Wiggins and Parker but he can be top 3. He still doesn't play like a PG fully to me is more of a tweener but he can do it all and is very similar to Baron Davis with more size to bare.

I am a fan of bother Pressley and Young. Both players can be good role playing PG's in the NBA once they commit. I like Young a bit more at this stage but either can be decent given time.

Oladipo is the only one I feel will be a superstar in this class. People fell in love with Waiters but this is the one that can be a superstar.

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
He's a little too short and plays out of control at times.

Needs to improve his ball handling skill and his midrange/3point shooting

Possible lottery pick but no way he's #1 ..... I'd take Zeller over him at this point and they on the same team

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He's a little too short and plays out of control at times.

Needs to improve his ball handling skill and his midrange/3point shooting

Possible lottery pick but no way he's #1 ..... I'd take Zeller over him at this point and they on the same team

He's 6'5 and has a said 6'9 wingspan. He is shooting at 53% from three and hitting 69% in the 2pt range. From all statistical accounts, this man is one of the most efficient scorers in the nation.

His ball handling is decent but his first step is freakish. You can't stay in front of him no matter who you are.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:to: I was hoping he would be around to play SG for my Bulls but his stock is way too high right now. He's 6'5" but he would have to put on some weight. Either way it's DMV excellence

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
[URL=http://www.the-coli.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1 said:
#1[/URL] pick;3117933]I been watching all these guys this season. Oladipo is the best one I've seen. He looks like Dwayne Wade at Marquette. You can't stay in front of him. His defense is really good and he has very good BBIQ. He is my [URL=http://www.the-coli.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] player on the draft board.

I really like this draft more than most. It's not as deep as last year which no draft was in my opinion in terms of talent but this draft has a lot of talent.

1. Victor Oladipo- Dwayne Wade
3. Nerlens Noel- Freshman Marcus Camby
4. Ben McLemore- Elgin Baylor lite
5. Cody Zeller- Tom Chambers
6. CJ McCollum- Jrue Holiday, more polished and smart but less athleticism
7. Tony Mitchell- Shawn Kemp
8. Anthony Bennett - JUCO Larry Johnson
9. Shabazz Muhammad- Mitch Richmond
10. Alex Len- Big Z

Deepest position is PG.
Burke, McCollum, MCW, Smart, Young, and Pressley are all NBA level talents.
Burke is the brightest out the bunch. While he doesn't have amazing athleticism or quickness. He has elite BBIQ, elite skill level, and very good scoring instincts. One of the best in his class.

McCollum is the one most likely to reach his potential due to the fact he can just about play in every system. He is a potential All Star.

Michael Carter Williams is extremely gifted but his average BBIQ, can't shoot, and isn't always committed to defense. He reminds some of a pre-injury Shaun Livingston but he reminds me of Tony Wroten with a bit more BBIQ but not quite the athlete of Wroten.

Smart is a very talented player who could actually break the top 3 next year if he waits. He won't be 1 or 2. That's all Wiggins and Parker but he can be top 3. He still doesn't play like a PG fully to me is more of a tweener but he can do it all and is very similar to Baron Davis with more size to bare.

I am a fan of bother Pressley and Young. Both players can be good role playing PG's in the NBA once they commit. I like Young a bit more at this stage but either can be decent given time.

Oladipo is the only one I feel will be a superstar in this class. People fell in love with Waiters but this is the one that can be a superstar.

First off, you'd rather have Wade than Elgin Baylor? :usure:

Oladipo like I said in the CBB thread, to me he's around 17-22 at the moment. Now he could go higher due to Glenn Robinson falling off in big games (that shyt really bugs me because he looks like he'd be a real good pro otherwise), but his shooting can't be sustained at a high level this way. I wanna see how he plays when he regresses back to the mean.

McLemore's biggest problem is that he doesn't assert himself enough. Look at today even. He had a good game, but there's no reason why he should as far away from the ball as he was with the game on the line. Right now he's leading for the #1 pick barring Shabazz picking up his game (which he can).

Noel's the type of player you ideally pick if your team ain't going nowhere for a bit because he really can't do much other than block immediately for a pro team.

If I was CJ I woulda declared last year. To me he was >> Lillard as far as a pro projection but he stayed in school.

Mitchell and Bennett = tweeners. Bennett has more of a chance than Mitchell does though.

MCW went to Syracuse. Next.

I hope we see more deals and stuff this year. Some good rotation players will be here.

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
He's 6'5 and has a said 6'9 wingspan. He is shooting at 53% from three and hitting 69% in the 2pt range. From all statistical accounts, this man is one of the most efficient scorers in the nation.

His ball handling is decent but his first step is freakish. You can't stay in front of him no matter who you are.

He has tons of dunks/layups/points in the paint which has definitely padded his overall FG percentage. And while he is shooting good from the 3 point line this year as a whole it's an area of his game he could elevate (mainly midrange)

And I highly doubt he's 6'5 coming from someone who's seem him in person I'd say more in the 6'3 maybe 6'4 area, thats some optimistic reaching by whoever recorded his height

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Btw

Thats chauncey billups :ohhh:

Terrell Brandon comparison is accurate. Dude was nice, just played for the sorry Cavs too long. Chauncey doesn't have the handles of Burke or Brandon.

Olidipo is athletic but is still raw. He works hard though and he should be a solid pro. His bball IQ is average but could get better. His handles are still suspect, but dude could also be great on defense at the next level. All in all, he is no doubt a lottery pick, but not in the Top 7.

smARTmouf

Ascended Member
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I love Victor's game...

I always thought he'd shoot up the mock boards once teams bring him in...He'd probably go mid 1st...

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Dwyane Wade at Marquette had great handles.

Oladipo does not.

Wade was a turnover machine and was hit and miss with is handles. He was blow pass you and then a minute later he was he turn the ball over trying to over dribble. I used to watch all those Marquette games with Wade, Diener and crew.

To compare Wade to Oladipo in college you have to look at a numerous amount of things. One being, Oladipo is just a much better scorer than Wade. Better range, better mid range jumper, more reliable attacking the paint, and a better overall athlete than D Wade out of college.

Now with that said both are extremely wild attacking the paint. Wade has some PG skills which he showed at times at Marquette. Oladipo while a decent passer has the same turnover rate as he does assists compared to Wade's 4.6/3.2. Both Wade and Oladipo seem to attract a lot of attention when attacking the basket. Both Wade and Oladipo seem to be vastly underrated during conference play of their last college season. Both will be superior NBA players to their college game.

Neither Wade or Oladipo have consistent handles out of college. Both players can palm a basketball. Both players draw fouls. Wade- 32.2/7.3 to Victor's- 27.6/3.7. Wade is proven to be much better at drawing contact from a statistical standpoint. This could be seen when watching the games that Victor doesn't draw fouls at an elite level like Wade does. While 3.7 per 27.6 is a solid rate for a guard, it's not elite like Wade's amazing 7.3.

Oladipo efficient is killing Wade's but both PER are elite SG's level. These two translate into potential NBA superstars for their skill-set. Of course, Wade became that.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Wade was a turnover machine and was hit and miss with is handles.

sorry, I cant read anymore after this.

I like Oladipo a lot, but his handles is what will limit him on the next level. And Wade had great handles, the comparison is not accurate.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He has tons of dunks/layups/points in the paint which has definitely padded his overall FG percentage. And while he is shooting good from the 3 point line this year as a whole it's an area of his game he could elevate (mainly midrange)

And I highly doubt he's 6'5 coming from someone who's seem him in person I'd say more in the 6'3 maybe 6'4 area, thats some optimistic reaching by whoever recorded his height

He has a lot of dunks, lay-ups, and points by blowing passed defenders, good off of ball movement, and being a good jumpshooter. None of those skills are nothing to snare at. 6'4 is not bad at all. Wade is around the height. MJ's pre-draft listing was 6'5. Kobe 6'4 3/4.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
sorry, I cant read anymore after this.

I like Oladipo a lot, but his handles is what will limit him on the next level. And Wade had great handles, the comparison is not accurate.

Please don't read anymore. You always come into Basketball threads like a tool. Stay in soccerland or RG3 world if you want to come with simple lame one liners.