ViacomCBS and WarnerMedia looking to sell The CW

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Ehh it’s not as cut and dry as he makes it seem. A start up network will almost always start out as unprofitable in its beginning years. The issue for the CW was that it skewed towards the younger generation, which has a completely different viewing habit compared to other demographics which is where the Netflix and overseas deals came in.

Let's also not let nostalgia overshadow the fact that The WB/UPN was always viewed as the lower tier channel on network cable and dealt with ratings and budget issues it's entire tenure, which is the reason why it folded in the first place.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
So what's leftover of the cw, once the Warner Bros. TV and CBS Studios stuff is gone. :why:

I guess someone would buy it after.. but with tv dying...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Disney shares bleeding the past year and people want them to buy a channel when TV is dying :dahell: :mjlol:

Stans.... stans yall.....

Ehhhhh they have Freeform which tailors to the same target demographic as The CW, so I could see them totally having use for shows like All American and Riverdale. It’s not going to happen though for obvious reasons.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't watch anything on CW anymore. The DC shows are terrible now and need a complete format overhaul. Besides the 100 I haven't watched anything else on that network.

These streaming services have over saturated the market. This isn't going to end well for most of them

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
giphy.gif