Verizon customers w/unlimited data that go 100GB a month will get their accounts closed

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
Verizon to Disconnect Unlimited Data Users Who Use "Extraordinary" Amounts of Data | Droid Life
What a crappy company. They sell you something and tell you it's unlimited then they try to go back on it because since then they've changed how their business works which btw has nothing to do with the deal they made with you back then.

If we're being honest here the lack of unlimited data is all about them maximizing profits just like how they used to rape people on overage charges for minutes and texting when those were more popular.

How they can feel justified effectively saying something to the tune of that deal we made with you back then as it turns out we were short sighted and we can't make the amount of money off you that we'd like to so we're terminating your account is disgusting.
:mjlol:fukk them nikkas im sitting on 5 a month...:yeshrug:.... u gon get 95 more than me for the same price :stopitslime: fukk them nikkas :scust:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I was about to come in here and shyt on Verizon but then I thought about it and 100gb is a lot of data. The most i've ever used was 25gb and this billing period I've only used 6.8gb.
They should have never advertised it as unlimited then. They lie about what they're selling and it's the customer's fault for taking them to task on it?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
they are using their CELL PHONES for HOME INTERNET services.. never was intended that way and they ruined it for all the regular people who needed unlimited data

fukk them and you :camby:
Doesn't matter they still lied to consumers about what they were selling. If someone tells you they're giving you unlimited then are you not gonna expect that?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Cant they get into serious trouble for that tho?!!? :jbhmm:
probably not. there's likely something in small print somewhere that they'll point to as an escape clause. nobody will hold them accountable for telling customers they were giving them unlimited data when they actually weren't.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I can't really shyt on them for this, mobile connections weren't meant to be used in this manner..or rather, the networks aren't built out for the connection to be used like that

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
fukk you Verizon! Yall gon have to do better than that if they think i'mma ditch this unlimited data over some arbitrary, artificial ass bullshyt cap....oh and fukk any of you nikkas caping for this MULTI-BILLION dollar companies. :pacspit:

What percentage of their overall customer base still even have an unlimited data plan?!?! Verizon(and AT&T) should have just regarded all of us grandfathered customers a systemic anomaly, just chalked us up as the cost of doing business that someday would die off naturally anyway. I cannot believe how greedy and petty these sumabytches are with this shyt. When they offered unlimited data plans they had no fukking problem taking ppls money for it while trying to maximize their bottom line while trying to minimize any responsibility for upgrading the network in a way that God forbid that if in 2016, less than 1 fukking percent of customers want to use 100GB or more, that it's nothing to them. FOH.

Anyway this move won't catch alot of ppl cuz it takes a lot of downloading/streaming to even come close to 100GB, just those who use their mobile data as their home network...but it's a setup move. Once ppl accept this they'll lower the cap in a few years that way ppl won't hardly bat an eye.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What percentage of their overall customer base still even have an unlimited data plan?!?!
from what I read less than 1%

Verizon promises an open road for unlimited-data customers

Verizon hasn't offered its unlimited-data plan to new customers in four years, but it has let existing subscribers who were grandfathered into the plans keep them. The company hasn't made it easy on these people, crafting policies to discourage as many customers as possible from hanging on to the plans. Verizon has required unlimited subscribers to pay full price for new devices when upgrading. It also instituted the $20 price hike, which goes into effect next month and will bring the total cost of the service to around $100 a month for most customers.

The policies were meant to encourage people to switch to tiered plans with a set amount of data that can be used each month. The efforts have paid off, with less than 1 percent of Verizon subscribers still on an unlimited-data plan.

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
they are using their CELL PHONES for HOME INTERNET services.. never was intended that way and they ruined it for all the regular people who needed unlimited data

fukk them and you :camby:
It may be a loop hole but let them eat. who cares if they use cell phones for home internet services. America, come get this L. Americans should not resort to this type of tactic since the internet was made in the USA