Vanessa Calloway: “I Didn’t Get The Role Of Lisa McDowell in Coming To America because of colorism.”

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, it’s not like Eddie doesn’t have a history of this:
harlem-nights-1989-jasmine-guy-eddie-murphy-hrn-026-BKD2G0.jpg

Boomerang.jpg

MV5BNDY4YWFmNzgtNDkxMC00MjE0LWI3YzYtMTU0NGZhZmFhN2NkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

eddie-murphy-jada-pinkett-the-nutty-professor-1996-RYGD9G.jpg

eddie-murphy-smiling-with-kristen-wilson-in-a-scene-from-the-film-dr-picture-id163437254

MV5BMTUxMzI1ODMzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA3Mzk2._V1_.jpg

:patrice::patrice::patrice::patrice:
Golden-Child-1986-Eddie-Murphy-Charlotte-Lewis.jpg

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
“She continued, “That’s something that we’ve always dealt with within our race: A lot of men were indoctrinated by having a white woman or light-skinned woman on their arm.”

Women always try to make
Colorist/Colorism
A one way street
The shyt I heard growing up
As a dark skin kid:francis:
A lot of that shyt came from women:francis:
I’ll never forget hearing a girl I had a huge crush on
At lunch
Talking cash shyt
We were the same complexion
Verbatim
“I could never date a dark skin nikka
I don’t want my kids coming out like midnight”
shyt had me:gucci::dwillhuh::mjtf::mjcry::wow:

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
In the 80's they were not going to have two dark skinned people star in a big budget movie like that , if it wasn't Eddie Murphy they would have made Lisa Latina

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The ones the cast in the roles played into certain stereotypes. The light skin pretty boy shyt and the light skin AKA type of girl.

Eric Lasalle isn't light skinned though?

That’s why I could never get into The Cosby Show... the casting seemed off to me with the two light skinned daughters.

27cosby-morris2-superJumbo-v2.jpg

:unimpressed:

this is true,but they gave you 3 dark skinned children as well,so maybe they just wanted to have representation of all shades. Cosby show sort of has to get a pass on that imo. Hillary Banks and Tatyani Ali doesn't make sense technically,you have to leave room for them casting the best actors for the role as well.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eddie did talk to Wesley and kept it a buck:pachaha:

"Ultimately, Snipes’ rejection by Murphy was not due to his skill level. Murphy finally broke it down, explaining that the two actors simply looked too much alike for Snipes to be cast as his adversary.

“Our look was too close,” Murphy said. “And you actually look more African than me!” Snipes then joked that had he known that before, he would’ve felt much better about his place in the entertainment industry.

“I didn’t know none of that man. That would’ve healed me,” Snipes said. “I was in the bathroom, ‘Why am I even doing this, man? I’m not gonna quit! They not gonna break me down, man!’”