Vampire in Brooklyn: why is this movie so bad?

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Personal favorite.

Boat scene with Spoon (flip floppin)
Kareem as the Ghoul who kept falling apart
How Spoon would ignore Kareem falling apart
The Dr. Z club scene with the tongue
The Murphy guido restaurant scene
The entire Preacher scene

This is what im talking about when I say good writing

I even liked the part where Angela is vampirized and being tempted to join him.

But it doesnt push the horror enough and it doesnt push the comedy to the right places

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
This is what im talking about when I say good writing

I even liked the part where Angela is vampirized and being tempted to join him.

But it doesnt push the horror enough and it doesnt push the comedy to the right places

Probably because Wes Craven wanted this to be more of a comedy but wasn't accustomed to doing comedies and Eddie wanted it to be more horror but wasn't accustomed to doing horror, both of them had been trying to step outside of what they were known for. They both kind of failed each other instead of working off each others strengths... Someone like John Landis would have properly handled this because he knows how to balance comedy and horror... he did it perfect with An American Werewolf In London. But Eddie Murphy wasn't going to work with him again after Beverly Hills Cop 3 bombed critically and financially.....

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Just rewatched. Eddie was too serious in this movie. It was entertaining when he was the italian and preacher, but he was very unlikeable as the vampire. It just didn't work.

How you have one of the best comedic actors of all time and give him the most boring stiff role....needed to make the vampire funny.