Vampire in Brooklyn: why is this movie so bad?

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Should it have had a comedy director instead of Wes Craven?

It had good writers, a good cast, and Eddie in sort of close to his prime

But this movie just lacks something to it

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The movie was entertaining especially for a 90's horror/comedy film. Horror movies in the 90's were trash outside the first Candyman movie. Speaking of Candyman, the character was written for Eddie. Vampire Brooklyn was basically Eddie's "my bad" for not taking the Candyman role.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The movie was entertaining especially for a 90's horror/comedy film. Horror movies in the 90's were trash outside the first Candyman movie. Speaking of Candyman, the character was written for Eddie. Vampire Brooklyn was basically Eddie's "my bad" for not taking the Candyman role.

I got a nostalgia for 90s horror. I’ll pull one up on the firestick on a slow weekend night in a hot second

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not all were trash, but it was considered a weak decade for the genre. Demon Knight, Tales From The Hood, New Nightmare were good movies too

Oh for sure even the movies I watch are objectively trash :mjlol: especially viewing through an adult lens 20 yrs later, but it brings me back to childhood :mjcry: horror is my favorite genre, and that’s where it all started.