VALID POINT OR FULL OF shyt: Kidd Kidd Says Squad Up Popularized Snatching Others Beats

shakobe

All Star
Daps
He’s speaking facts I used to get them tapes from my brother friend in 2002. Downloaded that we are the champions freestyle on kazaa

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
He's an artist who lived in a bubble of drugs/touring/living up under Wayne and baby.

If you prefix these artists opinions with who they are and how they were living it's easy to not pay these nikkas any attention when they talk.

This is why working on an actual rap textbook is important (this is what Lupe's working on at MIT), hip hop is gonna keep aging and the only history we're gonna have to go off of is these burnt out nikkas in interviews making themselves bigger than what they really are :scust: that's just asking for cacs to come and rewrite this shyt once enough legends die off
Sadly so breh with the revisionist history. Some of these responses make me think certain people young cause the OGs on here I feel know Kidd is off like waaaaaaay off

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I think you honestly missing the point . It's NOT about "Down Here" yes they were poppin BUT they were not popping before Screw bro. Like AT ALL. And I Fixed that for you you can't mobb up everyone as we and like I stated before Screw had SUC and OG Ron C had tapes out YEARS before ANY Squad Up bruh. With Lil Flip & other Screwed Up Click members do the EXACT same thing Kidd Kidd claiming he Popularized. Hell what is June 27th freestyle. Once again doing this EXACT same THING. So like people in here stating how can he (Kidd Kidd) even open his mouth and state he Popularized anything when them dudes were doing it before him? He would've did better saying of his era then he wouldve had a stronger argument. Bruh dead wrong
Probably cause nobody followed them doing it. After squad people started doing it. That’s what popularized mean. He didn’t say he was the first one.

And when I say we I meant in New Orleans btw.

The world didn’t know who screw was and a screw tape was until he was dead bro. With the Houston movement.

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Probably cause nobody followed them doing it. After squad people started doing it. That’s what popularized mean. He didn’t say he was the first one.

The world didn’t know who screw was and a screw tape was until he was dead bro. With the Houston movement.
I know what you meant which is why I changed your quote in my response you made from "we" to "I". Go back and reread fam and the BOLD is wholeheartedly wrong. Don't know where you got this from . There's TOO MANY THREADS ON SCREW HERE DETAILING HIS HISTORY BEFORE HIS PASSING.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I know what you meant which is why I changed your quote in my response you made from "we" to "I". Go back and reread fam and the BOLD is wholeheartedly wrong. Don't know where you got this from . There's TOO MANY THREADS ON SCREW HERE DETAILING HIS HISTORY BEFORE HIS PASSING.
Ok bro. The guys who blew up was literally shouting him out just off the strength they didn’t feel he got his recognition while alive. But you got it.

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Ok bro. The guys who blew up was literally shouting him out just off the strength they didn’t feel he got his recognition while alive. But you got it.
:mjlol: You right I got it bro. You really in here with revisionist history in regards to Screw and SUPER OFF. Check any thread on him rather just being in here trying to defend dude.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps

"The world didn’t know who screw was and a screw tape was until he was dead bro. With the Houston movement."

No disrespect to you bro but this is SUPER INCORRECT.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Thanks for info, but are you speaking for Texas or the entire South. 50's promo run before he was signed into the Interscope machine involved him hitting major Southern cities. Definitely ATL.

Part of the reason why he blew up nationally after signing is because of the groundwork laid as a mixtape artist. He had appeal outside of the Northeast.

In the DVD bundled with GRODT I think they showed one of these runs. I can't speak of how hard Southern hoods rocked with his early mixtapes, but he built his buzz like a Bay or Southern "out the trunk" artist would.

50 Cent wasn’t getting any play in box Chevys before Interscope😂.

They can do all the shows they want to the transplant/college subsets, but generally speaking that East Coast stuff didn’t get much play in the South (especially post Pac vs Biggie).

And on top of that it was literally no way for NYC mixtapes to reach the masses in the South. And Sqad Up even predates when 50 Cent was hot in the South after Interscole.

Memphis did mixtapes mainly over original production.

Texas did DJ mixtapes, but the Screw factor is what made it unique. And even then, the retail releases are what most non-Texas area people had easy access to.

Sqad Up was unique and pioneering in the era of not needing a DJ, 99% digital distribution & using current beats at regular speed.

Even 50, Dipset & Texas used major DJs unlike Sqad.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Here the point we pretend Dj screw was a premier dj and nationally known before his death. :dead:

Goddamn you still going!!! :mjlol:mjlol:

And Sqad Up was?. Seriously stop it. Comments in this very thread are disagreeing and you still running in here trying to rationalize and in error. You be wrong breh and this Not the first time I've seen you be wrong and looks like it gets you in your feelings when people disagree.with you. And alot of people knew who Screw was just not you. SIMPLE. You alluded to this being the case yourself in your response if you want to get technical.

Last edited:

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
The Dips said they did it before 50. Didn't they?

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Goddamn you still going!!! :mjlol:mjlol:

And Sqad Up was?. Seriously stop it. Comments in this very thread are disagreeing and you still running in here trying to rationalize and in error. You be wrong breh and this Not the first time I've seen you be wrong and looks like it gets you in your feelings when people disagree.with you. And alot of people knew who Screw was just not you. SIMPLE. You alluded to this being the case yourself in your response if you want to get technical.
He was a local Texas dj, maybe some parts of Mississippi and bama.

He was a major known dj like that.

It’s just facts. If you named 100 dj back then known wise. He probably wouldn’t be in it.

Majority was from nyc, some la and others.

We talking bout who influenced. Not who did it first.

Majority of people didn’t know who he was until Paul wall, slim. Thug and Mike blew up.

What Wayne and squad was doing was different then them and yea, they style got emulated afterwards.

People knew Wayne was checking his tapes much more than anyone in Texas.

Respect to Texas cause they big enough to make they own artist be big to them.

But no screw tapes was influencing a bunch of people outside of the demo.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
THANK YOU!! I was gonna post this. This is what happens when people have no knowledge of history and tell lies that people believe without doing any research. This was 1990.
Did he put out a mixtape, like 12 of them doing it? And a bunch of people start doing it afterwards lol.

He said popularize. Not first to do it.

50, dipset and squad up popularized it

I didn’t know of 50 and gunit like that. We in New Orleans was listening to the when squad up and the dips do it.

Dips was definitely doing it in 01-02. Same with squad up

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
He was a local Texas dj, maybe some parts of Mississippi and bama.

He was a major known dj like that.

It’s just facts. If you named 100 dj back then known wise. He probably wouldn’t be in it.

Majority was from nyc, some la and others.

We talking bout who influenced. Not who did it first.

Majority of people didn’t know who he was until Paul wall, slim. Thug and Mike blew up.

What Wayne and squad was doing was different then them and yea, they style got emulated afterwards.

People knew Wayne was checking his tapes much more than anyone in Texas.

Respect to Texas cause they big enough to make they own artist be big to them.

But no screw tapes was influencing a bunch of people outside of the demo.
The fact that his own people are in the comments of this very IG post disagreeing with what he saying tell me everything. Them DUDE did not popularize Anything. And not it's not facts it biasness on your part. And it clear as day breh