VALID POINT OR FULL OF shyt: Kidd Kidd Says Squad Up Popularized Snatching Others Beats

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Who tf is even interviewing Kidd Kidd?

and WHY was he on Mrs. Officer w his bullshyt?
He don't be having nothing to talk about. And from what I've heard he's a habitual liar.

But Literally 90% of his interviews I've seen all are about when 50 Cent came to the hood in New Orleans and how he felt he was screwed over. Dude was mid compared to others in the click and this was evident he was the weak link on them gunit tapes

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
50s comeback from being shot up to the buzz that made him a superstar was fueled partly by him jacking beats and putting his lyrics over them.

If you're saying this crew came after him and brought that type of energy to the South, how can they take credit for popularizing it in that era?

Again, the South wasn’t hearing any mixtapes from NY pre-internet aka 2002.

We just heard local mixtapes hand-to-hand and the retail DJ Screw tapes are pretty much what we heard.

Sqad Up were the first ones to really capture the youth and it spread in the absolute infancy of Limewire and regular access to CD burners in 2002.

Plus they were young and relatable with Wayne being the first known “rapper on TV” from the South doing mixtapes.

And again, they did their mixtapes without a DJ (ala Texas) right when the digtial age was starting and cassettes were on their last leg.

Same reason Swishahouse & Lil Flip were alotta people’s first real introduction to Screw music because they were digital and on CDs versus Screw who was dedicated strictly to just cassette tapes outside of his retail releases.

You had to have been there to see their impact. This DVD they did show some of it

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Again, the South wasn’t hearing any mixtapes from NY pre-internet aka 2002.

We just heard local mixtapes hand-to-hand and the retail DJ Screw tapes are pretty much what we heard.

Sqad Up were the first ones to really capture the youth and it spread in the absolute infancy of Limewire and regular access to CD burners in 2002.

Plus they were young and relatable with Wayne being the first known “rapper on TV” from the South doing mixtapes.

And again, they did their mixtapes without a DJ (ala Texas) right when the digtial age was starting and cassettes were on their last leg.

Same reason Swishahouse & Lil Flip were alotta people’s first real introduction to Screw music because they were digital and on CDs versus Screw who was dedicated strictly to just cassette tapes outside of his retail releases.

You had to have been there to see their impact. This DVD they did show some of it

Thanks for info, but are you speaking for Texas or the entire South. 50's promo run before he was signed into the Interscope machine involved him hitting major Southern cities. Definitely ATL.

Part of the reason why he blew up nationally after signing is because of the groundwork laid as a mixtape artist. He had appeal outside of the Northeast.

In the DVD bundled with GRODT I think they showed one of these runs. I can't speak of how hard Southern hoods rocked with his early mixtapes, but he built his buzz like a Bay or Southern "out the trunk" artist would.

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
:mjlol: people be saying anything on here

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Cause Wayne and SQ started doing they thing in 01-02
Screw Tapes were popular BEFORE this and during . Where Lil Keke etc were rapping over it and the fact this is posted on a Texas page says something they already on his head --- they being New Orleans and Texas. Kidd Kidd like to lie ALOT (I know this to be true) breh so take what he with a grain of salt.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Lol I know you know 🤣
:mjlol: Yup you know I do which is why him saying or trying to pat himself on the back here is humorous. What y'all in here saying though is an understatement in regards to his character. Not the only thing he's on record being in error about. Music or otherwise.

Last edited:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Down here it was. We didn’t know bout gunit or 50 cent.

What year did gunit do they thing. Cause Wayne and SQ started doing they thing in

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
i didn’t know bout gunit or 50 cent.
I think you honestly missing the point . It's NOT about "Down Here" yes they were poppin BUT they were not popping before Screw bro. Like AT ALL. And I Fixed that for you you can't mobb up everyone as we and like I stated before Screw had SUC and OG Ron C had tapes out YEARS before ANY Squad Up bruh. With Lil Flip & other Screwed Up Click members do the EXACT same thing Kidd Kidd claiming he Popularized. Hell what is June 27th freestyle. Once again doing this EXACT same THING. So like people in here stating how can he (Kidd Kidd) even open his mouth and state he Popularized anything when them dudes were doing it before him? He would've did better saying of his era then he wouldve had a stronger argument. Bruh dead wrong

Last edited: