VALID POINT OR FULL OF shyt: Kidd Kidd Says Squad Up Popularized Snatching Others Beats

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Texas (Screw, Ron C& Watts being the biggest) started it in the South, but Sqad is definitely when the digital “new generation” started really doing it themselves.

Sqad was literally dropping new mixtapes every week over the latest beats and brought that 50 Cent energy to the South in 2002.

They’re also probably the first that really dropped only digital and not hand-to-hand pressed up physical copies. Wasn’t no cover art or nothing and it spread organically without a major DJ name behind it.

What a time to be alive and a yungin.

SIDE NOTE: Sqad Up vs BG might be the record for the quickest back and forth beef ever. They were literally replying back in 24 hrs 😂 and it was before mixtape sites existed.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Sqad was literally dropping new mixtapes every week over the latest beats and brought that 50 Cent energy to the South in 2002.

50s comeback from being shot up to the buzz that made him a superstar was fueled partly by him jacking beats and putting his lyrics over them.

If you're saying this crew came after him and brought that type of energy to the South, how can they take credit for popularizing it in that era?

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
50 and G-Unit did…

Sqad Up actually killed that Addictive beat though.

My favorite SQ tape is the one with 10,000 bars. Wayne killed the beat Boom

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
He's fukking delusional. So screwed tapes don't exist
He's an artist who lived in a bubble of drugs/touring/living up under Wayne and baby.

If you prefix these artists opinions with who they are and how they were living it's easy to not pay these nikkas any attention when they talk.

This is why working on an actual rap textbook is important (this is what Lupe's working on at MIT), hip hop is gonna keep aging and the only history we're gonna have to go off of is these burnt out nikkas in interviews making themselves bigger than what they really are :scust: that's just asking for cacs to come and rewrite this shyt once enough legends die off

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Who tf is even interviewing Kidd Kidd?

and WHY was he on Mrs. Officer w his bullshyt?

Feed-Me

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Houston did it first but it was kinda local (no disrespect). 50 made it popular was my understanding. Wayne, Dipset, lox, fab etc all deserve their flowers but Houston and 50 is pretty much accepted i thought?