VALIANT ANNOUNCES FILM UNIVERSE WITH "BLOODSHOT," "HARBINGER" AND "HARBINGER WARS" UD: Look at Ninja

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I would go crazy if they put Invincible as a movie out... :noah:
I think Kirkman was in talks to do either that or a TV show of it many, many years ago around the time he was trying to get TWD onto TV. :manny:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I never messed with Valiant's superhero stuff back in the day. They always looked bush league to me. I did pick up those Super Mario and WWF comics though. :russ:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've been meaning to check out some Valiant stuff since the relaunch but never got the chance. Is there stuff any good to warrant movies?

X-O Manowar and the first Harbinger run are great and could make hella good movies. The first Archer & Armstrong book by Van Lente and all the Quantum & Woody books by Asmus are all good too but would probably work better as tv-shows.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Valiant got sold to the chinese :dahell:

wonder when that happened.... because I remember them talking about making valiant movies a few years ago.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm like you..... I have absolutely no idea who these guys are:mjlol:

But I'm all for more comic book movies..... I'm on the side of the people that never wants this run to end

Valiant used to be third biggest comic book company in the early 90s and was widely considered the first big threat to Marvel & DC's dominant market position. Their books were selling like hotcakes and they innovated a ton of the bullcrap marketing gimmicks Marvel and DC still employ to this day. Acclaim (the video game company) bought Valiant to turn its properties into video games (most notable the Turok games and Shadowman). Acclaim went bankrupt and Valiant died with it. The company was resurrected a couple years back, slowly built its name again with a small but strong output in books and made itself relevant again.

If you don't know these guys it's frankly only because you don't know your comic book shyt.:manny:

That's not a diss btw, but it's kinda sad to see this shyt getting buried just because it's not by the big two (or three, since people do want more Image adaptations).

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Valiant used to be third biggest comic book company in the early 90s and was widely considered the first big threat to Marvel & DC's dominant market position. Their books were selling like hotcakes and they innovated a ton of the bullcrap marketing gimmicks Marvel and DC still employ to this day. Acclaim (the video game company) bought Valiant to turn its properties into video games (most notable the Turok games and Shadowman). Acclaim went bankrupt and Valiant died with it. The company was resurrected a couple years back, slowly built its name again with a small but strong output in books and made itself relevant again.

If you don't know these guys it's frankly only because you don't know your comic book shyt.:manny:

That's not a diss btw, but it's kinda sad to see this shyt getting buried just because it's not by the big two (or three, since people do want more Image adaptations).

I just dont know my comic book shyt then:manny:

Like I'm more knowledgeable than move casual comic book fans but I'm not that diehard that knows that in 1994 in March issue #201 of "Beta-Man" on page 16 this epic battle took place against etc:patrice:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
harbinger_wars_a_l.jpg

Sony Moving Forward With ‘Harbinger’ and ‘Bloodshot’ Film Franchise

Sony is moving forward with a five-film franchise that is going to feature popular characters from Harbinger and Bloodshot. This franchise is being inspired by the comic book series from Valiant.

As first reported by The Wrap, Eric Heisserer (Arrival) is working on the latest screenplay for Harbinger and Sony is moving forward with the project in an aggressive manner. They renewed their option for Harbinger just this last month. The script features new developments including the fact that Harbinger will be released before Bloodshotand Bloodshot will be the main villain for the Harbinger film. This introduction allows for a wider universe to be created.

Back in 2015 that Sony Pictures would be bringing both Bloodshot and Harbinger to theatres starting in 2017. In addition, it was previously reported that Bloodhost and Harbinger would each be receiving two stand-alone movies before crossing over in a massive fifth movie, Harbinger Wars.

The Bloodshot film will be directed by David Leitch and Chad Stahelski (John Wick). Bloodshot is a superhero known for his ability to regenerate and meta-morphing. Bloodshot was created by Kevin VanHook and Yvel Guichet back in 1992.

The Harbinger comic book series tells the story of a group of super-powered teenagers who consider themselves outcasts.

Valiant Entertainment CEO/CCO Dinesh Shamdasani talked with Comicbook.com the project and building their own cinematic universe with that film kicking it.

“One of the things that [editor-in-chief] Warren [Simons] and [publisher] Fred [Pierce] and I talk about a lot is the fact that we don’t make superhero comic books. We don’t tell superhero stories. Our stories involve superheroes, but Ninjak is an espionage book. Bloodshot is a sci-fi action adventure. We’re bringing that same point of view to the films.”

Excited about the Valiant properties hitting the big screen? Let us know in the section below.
Sony Moves Up Plans for 'Harbinger' as 1st Movie in Valiant Comics Cinematic Universe (Exclusive)