VALIANT ANNOUNCES FILM UNIVERSE WITH "BLOODSHOT," "HARBINGER" AND "HARBINGER WARS" UD: Look at Ninja

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
FB-valiant_3.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter has announced that Valiant Entertainment is getting into the movie business with feature film adaptations of "Harbinger" and "Bloodshot." The announcement comes as part of a five-picture deal with Sony Pictures that will see two films each from the announced franchises before a fifth one -- "Harbinger Wars" -- pairs them together.

The first "Bloodshot" film will arrive in 2017 and will be directed by "John Wick" directors David Leitch and Chad Stahelski. Jeff Wadlow ("Kick-Ass 2") and Eric Heisserer ("The Thing") will provide the screenplay; Matthew Vaughn "X-Men: First Class") and Jason Kothari are attached to "Bloodshot" as executive producers. Heisserer is also expected to pen the screenplay for "Harbinger."

All five films, including the crossover "Harbinger Wars" film that will be inspired by the 2013 comic book crossover of the same name, will be produced by Valiant's Dinesh Shamdasani as well as Original Film's Neal H. Moritz and Toby Jaffe -- the team behind the "Fast and Furious" franchise and "21 Jump Street." Sony's Andrea Giannetti is said to be overseeing the fledgling cinematic universe.

After runs in the '90s, both "Harbinger" and "Bloodshot" were revived when Valiant returned in 2012. The former follows a group of superpowered individuals as they evade the mysterious Harbinger Foundation. "Bloodshot" stars a resurrected, amnesiac, nanotech-powered soldier.

The announcement also states that a number of other Valiant properties -- including "Archer & Armstrong" and "Shadowman" -- are currently in-development.

Shamdasani recently spoke with CBR TV from WonderCon 2015 about the company's recent financing boost and film plans. Watch a clip from the interview below:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Harbinger:krs:Bloodshot:krs:

Who the fukk are these nikkas?:what:

:dead:

I'm not a comic book dude either but I actually recognize Bloodshot. While visiting a homie way back, I randomly read a few of his Eternal Warrior comic books where one of them had a Bloodshot appearance. All I could I remember is it being bloody with mad bodies being dropped and the Eternal Warrior being thrown out a window. :manny:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
ninjak-header.jpg

Valiant Shares First Look at Ninjak’s Live-Action Debut

In 2015, Valiant Entertainment announced plans to bring its comic book properties to the big screen. As part of a five-picture deal with Sony Pictures, “Bloodshot” and “Harbinger” will launch a Valiant cinematic universe culminating with the two franchises coming together in a “Harbinger Wars” feature film.

While news regarding the films has been slow to arrive, Valiant remains focused on adapting its characters for live-action. At New York Comic-Con, Valiant will team with Bat in the Sun Productions, the team responsible for the popular ‘Super Power Beat Down’ videos, to screen footage of “a feature-length live-action series” featuring Ninjak. Aaron and Sean Schoenke will direct the series, and star Michael Rowe (CW’s “Arrow”/”The Flash”), Jason David Frank (“Power Rangers”), and Derek Theler (“Babby Daddy”).

As part of the panel tease, Valiant shared a glimpse of what the live-action incarnation of one of its most popular characters will look like.

Ninjak is the world’s foremost intelligence operative, weapons expert, and master assassin. His current ongoing series launched in 2015 from the creative team of Matt Kindt, Clay Mann and Butch Guice.

More information on the live-action series will be announced at the “Valiant x Bat in the Sun: Top-Secret Announcement” panel at New York Comic-Con on Saturday, October 8th at 2:45 pm EST in Panel Room 1A21.

ninjak-live-action-photo-1.jpg

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I still have some Valiant comics over at my parents house. Didn't realize Ninjak was going to be a TV series :ohhh:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I still have some Valiant comics over at my parents house. Didn't realize Ninjak was going to be a TV series :ohhh:

shyt, you should try finding them. Some of them might be worth a decent penny, a couple of those old Valiant comics are collector's items these days.

And they're looking into the production of movies/tv-shows based on nearly all Valiant properties after Valiant was sold to a Chinese investment company for that single purpose.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
shyt, you should try finding them. Some of them might be worth a decent penny, a couple of those old Valiant comics are collector's items these days.

And they're looking into the production of movies/tv-shows based on nearly all Valiant properties after Valiant was sold to a Chinese investment company for that single purpose.

Do you know a good place to sell old comics, I remember taking some of my extra comics to a few shops and they were mostly trying to give me like 10 cents or 15 cents for an issue :martin:. It was mostly 90s stuff which I realize has lost its value, but I do need to start doing something with my old stash.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Do you know a good place to sell old comics, I remember taking some of my extra comics to a few shops and they were mostly trying to give me like 10 cents or 15 cents for an issue :martin:. It was mostly 90s stuff which I realize has lost its value, but I do need to start doing something with my old stash.

Nah, I wouldn't know. Most comic book stores definitely won't pay you shyt unless it's an actual collector's item.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
You could try ebay. Unless it's an important issue (Gambit first appearance, Death of Phoenix, etc) comic book shops will give you chump change.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

I remember when they first dropped.. XO ManOWar .. Hardbinger .. HARD Corps .. Archer & Armstrong, Turok and etc.. their books where always worth some $$ then one day they became like penny stock..

I still have my books ..