US should have enough coronavirus vaccine to return to normal life by 2021

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Freakonimics had a great podcast on this about "The ethics of pricing a vaccine" where they talked to the leading manufactures of the potential vaccine candidates.

And all of them were basically up front in saying, "We hate making vaccines. You only take them once in a life time or once in a very long time and you dont need to take them again. Its a huge investment for us but not enough longtime customers. Honestly if we think about it, we should charge waaaaaay more for vaccines. How much would you pay to never catch corona? Thousands? Millions? We have already lost trillions in the global economy so we should base the price on need. :ehh:.

But of course we would never do that :mjgrin:"

and i'm sitting there like.... :dwillhuh:

Its a good listen, you'll be intrigued and saddened at the same time.
Will a Covid-19 Vaccine Change the Future of Medical Research? (Ep. 430) - Freakonomics

They’re just fukking greedy. It cost between $900 million to $3 billion to develop a new drug depending on who you ask. Chronic diseases like cancer, corona, aids, etc. That is something EVERYONE on Earth would pay for. You sell that sh*t between $10 to $100, maybe $200 depending on the country and you made $70 billion to $700 billion. How is that not good business :patrice: Even if half the world or a tenth of the world buys it you still talking potentially multiple tens of billions. It’s enough to turn a profit. You just not gonna be Jeff Bezos but honestly you shouldn’t be making life saving drugs to get filthy rich.

Last edited:

rbksNgirbauds

Even on the court we stay flyy, Jada & A.I.
Daps
If any of you foolish enough to take that vaccine you deserve whatever it is that follows

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Should vaccine everyone from the oldest people (including sick and obese) and downwards.
I'm not a conspiracy vacc-weirdo but there's no reason for me to get it ahead of anyone or risking the small chance of side-effects when the probability of me getting really really sick, like near death sick, from Corona is like me getting hit by a stray

J.E.T.S

Lookahere mayne...
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta/Memphis
Something has to give. Kids need to take their bad ass back to physical school. Xoom is ineffective and they’re running amok. Bills are up too. :francis:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I wouldn't wanna take the first vaccine they put out there. :huhldup: Unless I'm in dire straits, I'm gonna wait it out. Plus Q3 is one full year from now, and that's under the assumption most people are going to take a rushed vaccine -- they won't. Most people don't even trust the Trump administration, so good luck getting most people to get vaccinated on top of that.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CDC:

Also CDC:

tenor.gif

A safe, well vetted vaccine, ready for distribution for EVERYONE by end of 2021 I’ll believe it when I see it

CDC is clown shoes to me at this point, I don’t believe shyt they say.

CDC:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/health/cdc-coronavirus-airborne-transmission/index.html

Updated CDC guidance acknowledges coronavirus can spread through the air

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated guidance on its website to say coronavirus can commonly spread "through respiratory droplets or small particles, such as those in aerosols," which are produced even when a person breathes.

For months, scientists have noted the likelihood of coronavirus transmission through viral particles in the air, and pushed health agencies to acknowledge it.

also CDC:

CDC abruptly reverts to previous language about how coronavirus is transmitted, says it 'was posted in error' - CNN

CDC abruptly removes guidance about airborne coronavirus transmission, says update 'was posted in error'

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not getting any vaccine. Ever. I can honestly wear a mask when I go in stores. It's not really a hassle for me.

They already have bus bench and tv class action lawsuits for exposure to covid etc running on late night tv.

I'm good on anything this and the next administration decides to handout.

I'd get a vaccine from another country off eBay before I trusted the US government.