US house overwhelmingly passes bill to ban tiktok in the US

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
All this arguing :mjlol: :heh:

Remember, the stipulations are TikTok must either sell or it'll be banned straight up.
ByteDance already said they won't sell, so Democrats and Biden will have to ban it if it passes.

shyt isn't making it past the Democratic Senate.

During an election year? With potentially the threat of going into the worst economic and social downturn of a 2nd Trump Presidency on the line?

That's a 2024 Presidential L for Democrats and Biden if so.

I'll do a permaban bet if the Senate passes this. This is dead in the water, a complete Nothing Burger.

This is just wishful thinking. it will pass the senate

majority of dems in the house already voted for it and senate dems are much more moderate aka conservative/corporate dem

Like I stated on the previous page, atleast 12 dems/indy are guaranteed to vote for it and I will be shocked if they don't

Joe Manchin
Sinema (independent)
Chris c00ns
John Fetterman (the zionist b*stard)
Kirsten Gillibrand
Tim kaine
Jon tester
Schumer
Mark warner
jack rosen
Bob casey
Tom carper

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is just wishful thinking. it will pass the senate

majority of dems in the house already voted for it and senate dems are much more moderate aka conservative/corporate dem

Like I stated on the previous page, atleast 12 dems/indy are guaranteed to vote for it and I will be shocked if they don't

Joe Manchin
Sinema (independent)
Chris c00ns
John Fetterman (the zionist b*stard)
Kirsten Gillibrand
Tim kaine
Jon tester
Schumer
Mark warner
jack rosen
Bob casey
Tom carper
They lose the election breh and the young voter crowd for generations.

They'd basically surrender the country to Trump, Project 2025, a whole new reformed government, etc.

They're not taking that risk. They're not passing it.

All the work they've done to rebound would be thrown away in the trash in an instant.

Like I said, I'll take the permaban bet on this if anyone wants it.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps

They surrender the country to Trump, Project 2025, etc.

They're not taking that risk.They're not passing it.
That's the thing, majority of dem politicians do not see young voter as a threat as the older generations remains the strongest
and most reliable demography and they know their justification for banning tik tok resonates with that base (hostile foreign app,national security)

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That's the thing, majority of dem politicians do not see young voter as a threat as the older generations remains the strongest
and most reliable voting block and they know their justification for banning tik tok resonates with that base (hostile foreign app,national security)

Young voters, like anyone else will show up when a policy directly hits them square in the face. They'll have all the energy then.

for example, they showed out pretty big for Obama and Biden.

They're not going to take that risk breh. It's a big risk and they'll be smarter than that. I'm down to take that ban bet if you want.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Young voters, like anyone else will show up when a policy directly hits them square in the face. They'll have all the energy then.

They're not going to take that risk breh. It's a big risk and they'll be smarter than that. I'm down to take that ban bet if you want.
So why didn't your argument apply to house dems who just voted overwhelmingly for this same bill

Are senate dems the only dems worried this might cost them electorally?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
So why didn't your argument apply to house dems who just voted overwhelmingly for this same bill

Are senate dems the only dems worried this might cost them electorally?
I think the resistance will grow at this point to it to be honest. It's a little different when the consequences are staring them in the face.

Maybe House Dems know it won't get by Senate.

Who knows what happens, but I do know they might get rolled on election time if this shyt passes and Biden is the sole face of killing TikTok.

Then Trump, Project 2025, etc.

At this point you basically are in decent (but not great) shape going into the election. Too much added risk.

You must account for Trump turning up the loudmouth volume and if you give him this shyt to run with it's straight up a bullhorn while Republicans still have Elon/Twitter to gas up their supporters.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

They'd basically surrender the country to Trump, Project 2025, a whole new reformed government, etc.

They're not taking that risk. They're not passing it.

All the work they've done to rebound would be thrown away in the trash in an instant.

Like I said, I'll take the permaban bet on this if anyone wants it.

If TikTok is what is the "last straw" for the "young voter crowd" they all need to be killed now
:mjlol:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If TikTok is what is the "last straw" for the "young voter crowd" they all need to be killed now
:mjlol:
That shyt is life to them man. Some literally as it's their entire brand and financial platform.

You don't want them to get on Twitter and start blasting on Joe Biden and Democrats killing their business if TikTok goes down.

Have Musk in the replies with the "I told you so, see what the Dems do :gladbron:".
MAGA talking about Democrats killing jobs of these creatives "Trying to earn an honest living" with their platform providing entertainment for everyone to enjoy.

Young white content creators crying everywhere about their lost platform and how hard it was to build => and they wouldn't be wrong.

The optics will be devastating to the Democrats along with Biden, and they'd take the sole blame for it. shyt would be donezo come election time.

Last edited:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I think the resistance will grow at this point to it to be honest. It's a little different when the consequences are staring them in the face.

Maybe House Dems know it won't get by Senate.

Who knows what happens, but I do know they might get rolled on election time if this shyt passes and Biden is the sole face of killing TikTok.

Then Trump, Project 2025, etc.

At this point you basically are in decent (but not great) shape going into the election. Too much added risk.

You must account for Trump turning up the loudmouth volume and if you give him this shyt to run with it's straight up a bullhorn while Republicans still have Elon/Twitter to gas up their supporters.

I really hope you are right and it fails in the senate

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
That shyt is life to them man. Some literally as it's their entire brand and financial platform.

You don't want them to get on Twitter and start blasting on Joe Biden and Democrats killing their business if TikTok goes down. The optics will be devastating.

Twitter is Owned by a fukking Racist Boer, this "generation" is clearly a joke lmfao.