US Congressman Calls for the Arrest of Trump & Family for Crimes Against the United States

Daps
Reppin
St louis
dWvVip8.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Bush wasn’t facing multiple crimes and lawsuits from states. Even if Trump avoids fed charges, New York is waiting to tuck him. No he won’t go to jail. But his company can be bankrupted. And his children are in danger of prison time.
The same cy Vance that let the Trump kids walk despite having them dead to rights on fraud? I believe it when they're convicted. Same for Trump

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Unfortunately if they didn't snatch up Bush Jr. for war crimes, they ain't grabbing the Cheeto Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. :francis:

Trump is a danger towards National Security. You think America is safe with him, yapping about state secrets to foreign and domestic enemies? The CIA gonna silence him.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Casualties of war.. they'll never arrest a U.S. President for that.. infact i think its illegal
thats not what im talking about

breaking the 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th Amendments is a crime and impeachable offense. he couldnt be convicted for soldiers that died under his command but shyt like torture he can be held accountable in the american legal system.

the bar for impeachment isnt that high. clinton was impeached for perjuring himself about an affair. breaking amendments and abusing power are more serious crimes than that

the reason none of this was ever plausibly going to happen was because congress and both parties allowed him to do most of this, not because the legal argument wasnt there

Daps

bro, here's a quote from your link.

“Because it is Wrong: Torture, Privacy and Presidential Power in the Age of Terror” by Harvard Law scholar Charles Fried, a Republican, and his son Gregory Fried -- a Suffolk University philosophy professor who votes Democrat -- asks if it is permissible to torture in order to safeguard Americans.

I think that (the Bush administration) broke the law and what they did was disgusting and terrible and degrading,” Charles Fried told Reuters in an interview.

He's asking.

He thinks.

Man, don't give me this Mickey Mouse stuff.

Bush broke no American laws. America is the world's moral authority on "wrong" and "right" as far as human rights abuses go. America is the world's moral police. They are one of the nations leading the way as far as torture and abuse of prisoners are concerned.

Again, who's going to police them? Nobody, cause nobody is powerful enough to do so.

And again, Bush broke no American laws. Even with the soldiers who died, soldiers have died in every war ever fought on this planet.

It's the right of Kings, Monarchs and Presidents to go to war. They will never be held accountable for a war that killed others or that got their own soldiers killed, unless they are defeated. And again, no one is powerful enough to defeat the US.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ

breaking the 1st, 4th, 5th and 8th Amendments is a crime and impeachable offense. he couldnt be convicted for soldiers that died under his command but shyt like torture he can be held accountable in the american legal system.

the bar for impeachment isnt that high. clinton was impeached for perjuring himself about an affair. breaking amendments and abusing power are more serious crimes than that

the reason none of this was ever plausibly going to happen was because congress and both parties allowed him to do most of this, not because the legal argument wasnt there

not gonna happen for War crimes.. if Bush goes down, the whole U.S. Military/Government goes down.

Daps

I agree with your last sentence, about there being a possible legal argument but he had the entire US government on his side. Congress giving him the authority to go to war and all of that.

But I strongly disagree with the first part of what you said. Again, torturing soldiers is not illegal for a US President to do. You're talking about Geneva laws and again... who is going to hold the US responsible?

You can say it's illegal all you want, just like all those ppl during protests during Bush's presidency... but them screaming it then and you typing it now means nothing. Bush was in his rights as a US President and the leader of the world's last superpower to do what he did.

Wrong morally? Of course it was. But again, I'm saying that all wars are wrong morally.

From a legal point of view, there was never any legal basis to prosecute Bush. The only ones who thought there was a legal basis were bleeding heart liberals mostly, people whose opinion means nothing in the greater scheme of US government tings.

There were hearings about the Iraq war, scandals, but that's all it ever was going to be. That's all it was when Vietnam happened. When the Bay of Pigs happened, when Iran-Contra happened, and any other morally wrong move that was made within the context of the "game of thrones" played by US leaders.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
bro, here's a quote from your link.

He's asking.

He thinks.

Man, don't give me this Mickey Mouse stuff.

Bush broke no American laws. America is the world's moral authority on "wrong" and "right" as far as human rights abuses go. America is the world's moral police. They are one of the nations leading the way as far as torture and abuse of prisoners are concerned.

Again, who's going to police them? Nobody, cause nobody is powerful enough to do so.

And again, Bush broke no American laws. Even with the soldiers who died, soldiers have died in every war ever fought on this planet.

It's the right of Kings, Monarchs and Presidents to go to war. They will never be held accountable for a war that killed others or that got their own soldiers killed, unless they are defeated. And again, no one is powerful enough to defeat the US.
i dont think you understand how the geneva convention works. the US is a signatory to it. americans can be tried under american law for violating it.

18 U.S. Code § 2441 - War crimes

its american law. torture is also against american law, bush can be held responsible for his administrations use of torture.

whether he would be found guilty is an open question - everyone is innocent until proven guilty. but theres a strong legal case. clinton was able to get impeached and have a fairly close acquittal over perjury so bush could have definitely been impeached for torture.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
@neotheflyingone i will say the american legal system is unlikely to convict an american president for torture or any war crimes. but that doesnt make the legal argument on paper against this any less legitimate. the president should not be able to abuse his power as commander in chief of the military, just as he isnt allowed to in domestic politics

pcpking

All Star
Daps
Unfortunately if they didn't snatch up Bush Jr. for war crimes, they ain't grabbing the Cheeto Stay Puff Marshmallow Man. :francis:

Bush Jr money and family ties run deep, if u try a Bush you risk exposing shyt about this country up to the Kennedy assassination. Trump is a man without a country (no ties) he food for somebody trying to come up.... With that said. I'll be shocked if something serious happen to Trump, because the states rather save face and not show the world how much of a piece of shyt country this is by exposing a dumb ass like trump, they would let him be if disappeared.

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
What crime did Bush commit? :gucci:

As time passes people forget just how awful Bush was. He started a war that had nothing to do with 911 lied to congress that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction to justify it when in reality it was over oil and finishing the job his dad started. I won't even get to Katrina.

Daps
i dont think you understand how the geneva convention works. the US is a signatory to it. americans can be tried under american law for violating it.

18 U.S. Code § 2441 - War crimes

its american law. torture is also against american law, bush can be held responsible for his administrations use of torture.

whether he would be found guilty is an open question - everyone is innocent until proven guilty. but theres a strong legal case. clinton was able to get impeached and have a fairly close acquittal over perjury so bush could have definitely been impeached for torture.

I see what you're saying now and that's a very valid point. I've said this before tho... with my brief dealings with the justice system, working with prosecutors and attorneys on some level, ive come to the conclusion that people are prosecuted depending on prosecutors.

Folks commit crimes every day and although justice is supposed to be blind, its not. prosecutors are human just like you and me and they pick and choose who to prosecute depending on their personal likes and dislikes and also depending on political expediency.

With that being said, who's going to prosecute Bush for crimes against humanity? Against Iraqis?

Not any American prosecutor. Not a serious one.

Recently in my area, a young man killed a cop. And while he's entitled to a defense attorney like everyone else, my lawyer friend told me that her lawyer father told her to stay far away from that. It was a political nuke. The young man claimed he was innocent but no attorney locally that had any type of career aspirations was willing to take the case

And that's a small city cop.

And no one wanted to take a case that could be perceived as them going against a small city police department

Who's going to take a case that could be perceived as going against a former president of the United States, and by proxy the united states military and united states government? For some damn Iraqis? Hell no.

It would be political suicide, career suicide and depending on which alphabet boys are on duty that day, it might be actual suicide.

Which brings me back to the point that I made earlier. Who is going to prosecute these alleged crimes? And if there is no one powerful enough to prosecute you for your crime, did you really commit a "crime"?

Laws are dictated by powerful men to the less powerful. If there is no one more powerful than you to call you to account, then you technically didn't break a law.

Its why throughout history, kings could do whatever they wanted with their subjects. Kill them, imprison them, etc etc. Who was going to call him on it? And if you cant be called on the carpet for your "crime", did you really commit a crime?

In Trump's case, its different. Again, he committed crimes against american ppl and has drawn the ire and attention and interest of the entire federal government as well as state governments.

Going by my earlier argument... prosecutors are people and prosecute who they want to prosecute, there are a LOT of prosecutors looking at Trump and that have a personal interest in taking him down. Whether they will be able to do it or not? I dont know. But there is a stark difference between killing a bunch of iraqis that no one cares about and being responsible for the deaths of Americans, people's families, and they are looking at you because they lay the blame at your feet.

I got a feeling this gon hit different. Now again... he's a US president and there's no precedent for putting a US President behind bars so I have no idea what will come of it, if anything.

But he has no political capital to use, won't have any friends once he's out of office and he will be like that SpongeBob meme where everybody is surrounding the crab and he's looking shook.

And even if he doesn't do prison time, a lot of his top people, maybe even his children will.

Heck a lot of his top people been doing prison time and he couldn't stop that even when he was president. :deadrose:

It's gonna be open season once he's no longer in office.