Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I've been saying this from the jump...

It's gonna be a lot of coded shyt that only we get.

In the trailer it was a scene with a bunch of caged white rabbits. and 1 black one.... I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean...but Jordan Peele doesn't seem to do stuff just to do it.

I can't wait for this shyt

For sure - Peele said in an interview that he packed in a lot more coded stuff in Us than there was in Get Out. He didn't specifically say race-coded but you know that'll be in there. There probably will be stuff that only horror-movie buffs get too.

On one hand I want the film to be about race, because it makes for some interesting dialogue, and Jordan did an excellent job with Get Out.

On the other hand, I don’t think dissecting race needs to be a major factor in every black film. I want more films that deal with general issues, and stories with characters that just happen to be black.

I got the feeling that the main message of the film is going to be something pretty general - socioeconomics, class, fear of the other, something like that. However, by even making a movie where the well-off family at the center of it is black is already sending subliminals, and I'm sure there's going to be more specifically weighty racial commentary in there too.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Peele is something else entirely. Get Out was masterful directing
I only made the comparison because Nolan is pretty much the only director who puts asses in seats off of his name alone while trying to push the envelope intellectually/technically. Dude made half a billy off of Dunkirk:mjlol:Tarantino still kind of has that pull. Spielberg is Spielberg. Scorsese seems really dependent on his cast lately. Villeneuve has the talent to be the best director in the business but doesn't have the blockbuster power. Who's left? Cuarón? Aronofsky? del Toro? Peele is a fresh face with fresh ideas. You add the projects he's connected with on the TV side and all he has to do is not fumble at the one yard line.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
This run is the scariest shyt I seen in a minute. The fact that it looks so unnatural makes it even more unsettling. :damn:

yeah cause who the hell runs without moving their arms or shoulders at all :merchant:

i'm hyped for this flick, need to see this in theaters cause i didn't get a chance to see Get Out in theaters and i heard that movie had a wild theater experience

no doubt in my mind this will be the same :mjgrin:

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
yeah cause who the hell runs without moving their arms or shoulders at all :merchant:

i'm hyped for this flick, need to see this in theaters cause i didn't get a chance to see Get Out in theaters and i heard that movie had a wild theater experience

no doubt in my mind this will be the same :mjgrin:
The movie experience is what made me like the movie the most. Crowd was very much into it.