“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
True but in this case the entire leading cast is black so it applies to black people
lol perhaps the wife should be Mexican, the two children, adopted Thai and Colombian kids respectively, so that Peele can safely say "you're your own worst enemy" and not just mean black people.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Never understood how people discussing, projecting, even dropping spoilers on a movie...spoiled a movie for people.

:yeshrug:Me personally....you can break down EVERY detail of the movie and I still enjoy the movie.

Some of the best movie-watching experiences of my life were films that I had no idea what was going on coming in.

Purposely didn't watch the Black Panther trailer or read anything before I saw it. Thought it was WAY more fresh that way.

Was at a friend's house when I was a kid and his dad just turned on Frequency, thought it was just some firefighters and then the weird supernatural shyt started happening. It probably isn't even a great flick, but if I had known it was a sci-fi film coming in then the impact of the crazy shyt wouldn't have been nearly as good.

Watching Momento when you have no idea what's gonna happen? :ohlawd:

I just saw Leave No Trace in the plane. I had no idea if they would ever even make it out of the woods, what would happen to them after the woods, etc. The trailer ruins all of that, I think it is WAY better when you watch the flick and think they might be in the woods the whole time, or something might happen, and you just don't know.

I'll still enjoy a movie if I've seen spoilers. But when you REALLY don't know which way the movie will turn?

Take a look at that scene when they meet the family. We all know that's coming now. But if you didn't know what was gonna happen? :damn:

The reveal that it is "us" there, if you didn't know those were the bad guys? :ooh:

What if you thought the whole movie might take place that night, like a typical horror flick? Then you get thrown for a total loop when it goes into the next day, another night, into school buildings or whatever that weird place with the rabbits is, etc.

I just feel like the experience is so much more live when you don't know what's coming next or what the possibilities even are.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Peele is the GOAT just for managing to make M'baku look that unintimidating. dude had that "can I speak to your manager, bucko?" swag.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I watched Get Out for the first time last night because of the trailer for this. :ehh:

I avoided it because I didn't care for the hype but I missed a great movie last year. :snoop:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I watched Get Out for the first time last night because of the trailer for this. :ehh:

I avoided it because I didn't care for the hype but I missed a great movie last year. :snoop:
Does hyped up fliks have like a, garlic to vampire effect on you or some shyt?
:what:

you wasnt just a "lil" curious to see how it was?

:colehuh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Does hyped up fliks have like a, garlic to vampire effect on you or some shyt?
:what:

you wasnt just a "lil" curious to see how it was?

:colehuh:

I don't know what it is, I just be having them moments where if everyone hyping it up I don't even wanna check for it.

Like Bird Box got the juice right now and it's making me not wanna check it out :mjlol:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I don't know what it is, I just be having them moments where if everyone hyping it up I don't even wanna check for it.

Like Bird Box got the juice right now and it's making me not wanna check it out :mjlol:
that happened with me with that Place Beyond the Pines movie.
i kept hearing it was so good!
went and seen it and thought it was buns!
:beli:

im willing to give pretty much anything a chance.