“US” (by Jordan Peele) Official Thread

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
:wow: So now you know how I feel about Drake’s music.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

zGgzPJa.gif
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

tenor.gif

alright!!! I’m down for this, Keke has chops!! Let’s go! She did great in Scream Queens, I know her character is gonna be phenomenal with this project. Y’all naysayers gonna come back when the movie come out like :wow: :ohhh::ohhh: she really did a great job.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, it's an unexpected but interesting choice :ohhh:

Akeelah and the Bee is an underrated movie, and she was great in that.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Got around to viewing this.

Couple of things to consider.Notice how the elevator was like Jacobs ladder or the Ladder of Lights, the Kundalini in a way. Notice at the end, the beastly natured people were still holding hands. The world consist of more people who live in their root chakra and most support each other in continuing to live that way.

They wear those penitentiary suits because they’ve been held a prisoners to the ego so they became beast like, that’s why they grunt and barely talk.

Hypothetically speaking, if a part 2 is made (doubt it), the family that survived at the end would have to defend themselves from those people like they did against the other family. Those rabbits represents the innocence and inner child within each person.

The doppelgängers matured with their other half which had matured but when that inner child is silenced or overthrown by the developing ego, it mutates and comes back for you because most toss their personal issues in the dark and never address the issue, the boogie man, that’s why the maze name was “Find Yourself”. It’s just like a parent not being there for their child when they’re young and the child grows up somewhat fractured. Society passively programs people to be this way in locking their problems away because this society is so fast paced. Most people are scared to look within their depths (subconscious) because this illusion keeps blanketing the true issues.

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Keke Palmer?!!! AND we getting Daniel Kaluuya back??!! Poster is vague af, as well as the title… but we don’t have a teaser trailer…
giphy.gif

Jordan Peele is gonna come through with the plot twist. Now somebody make an official thread.

Edit: :russ: I forgot I already got excited over Keke being mentioned in the project. Love to see her making moves, always. Repping my area of the world and has always STAYED ON HER FEET!!

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Pretty much the sentiment I had after seeing it. Caught it while I was in banned camp. Peele was lucky Get Out was the hit it turned out to be. He got much needed cover for this IP.

It's crazy to me that a new director isn't allowed to make mistakes. He's only made 2 movies, but now "he got lucky" because of one of them wasn't good? I like that "Us" took risks. It wasn't cookie cutter. Maybe it didn't work but we need more people taking risks and TRYING to do something different in Hollywood. Calling "Get Out" a fluke after only 2 movies is really premature. Let's wait to see how his portfolio shapes up. Loads of white directors and people like M. Night Shalayman got 10 more chances before people question their ability, Black directors deserve some leeway to fail too.