Urban charter schools are succeeding—so get out of their way

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Charter schools curriculums are:scust:

my kids never brought a book home from school and always was given class time to do their homework. I'm not the smartest but if you have time to do it in class I believed that is called class work not homework. Teachers up and quitting in the middle of the school year and having a sub for a month. Remember reading my daughters paper she had to write and I said to myself I'm not fixing this one, imma let her teacher give her ass a F so she can see her writing is fukked up. Paper came back and she had a A. Teacher didn't correct not one run on sentence or misplaced comma or nothin and I seen bout 4 mistakes in the first paragraph.

Im sure there are charter schools like the ones talked about in this article but all are not some wonderful higher education schools..

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

my kids never brought a book home from school and always was given class time to do their homework. I'm not the smartest but if you have time to do it in class I believed that is called class work not homework. Teachers up and quitting in the middle of the school year and having a sub for a month. Remember reading my daughters paper she had to write and I said to myself I'm not fixing this one, imma let her teacher give her ass a F so she can see her writing is fukked up. Paper came back and she had a A. Teacher didn't correct not one run on sentence or misplaced comma or nothin and I seen bout 4 mistakes in the first paragraph.

Im sure there are charter schools like the ones talked about in this article but all are not some wonderful higher education schools..

The take her out, that's the beauty of the charter system, parents are not forced to put their kids in bad schools

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Of course every charter school is different. That's the whole point. The ones that fail to succeed get shut down (either because the school district cancels the charter or the parents pull their kids out) and the ones that succeed get replicated. Unlike public schools, where you can fail almost indefinitely without any consequences at all, because you can't cancel a public school and parents can't pull their kids out.

One small note about your complaint - research shows that homework is a waste of time for most students. They rarely ever learn anything from homework that they didn't already know. Before high school, it's basically pointless - in high school, a small amount is good.

Last edited: