Update: Waiting in anticipation for potential employer's decision unappreciation

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Man, it has been almost 3 weeks. They told me I would hear from them 3 days after the interview:comeon:. So I called the HR Director a week after (left vcmls) and still no word. Today, I spoke to my "would be" boss and she tells me they are still interviewing and I would hear from them sometime next week.

shyt is the worst bc I have to wait another week and some change for a possible rejection. I hope I didn't ruin my chances by being "forward," but I hope she understands my hunger for the gig. It is hard to focus when you think you rocked a $110k/yr job interview and get no word back. Staying patient and positive nonetheless.

Swagaveli

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Europe
Man, it has been almost 3 weeks. They told me I would hear from them 3 days after the interview:comeon:. So I called the HR Director a week after (left vcmls) and still no word. Today, I spoke to my "would be" boss and she tells me they are still interviewing and I would hear from them sometime next week.

shyt is the worst bc I have to wait another week and some change for a possible rejection. I hope I didn't ruin my chances by being "forward," but I hope she understands my hunger for the gig. It is hard to focus when you think you rocked a $110k/yr job interview and get no word back. Staying patient and positive nonetheless.

110 k? What job is it? Good luck brehsky!

jab343irk

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most job seekers have a weak mentality.

Walk in there as as boss but also remember there is a fine line between arrogance and confidence

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
See, that is what I heard too- treat the HR people like they are on a pedestal. So what I did was put together a portfolio complete with a typed (not hand-filled) application :ooh:, updated resume, projects/ presentations, professional awards, recommendations and references. Portfolio was chock filled of "let's get this" examples of my abilities.

I presented it to the HR Director like:

Heaf: "I have put this together especially for you to look through. Please go through it at your leisure." :youngsabo:

HR Dir: "Oooohh, you should give this to the dept head when you interview with her in a few minutes." :comeon:

Heaf: I hit her with "Actually, I have one for her but I wanted you to have one as well. I'd appreciate it." :takedat:

Her face lit up something vicious. :gladbron: And the kicker was I had a cover sheet on each portfolio indicating that it was intended for her (i.e. Ms. XXXXX YYYYYYY, Human Resources Director) but like you said you can't call it.:snoop:

Gotta treat jobs like womens and dont come off too thirsty. Your approach was type contrived on some ho happy mackie steez.

I hope u prove me wrong n good luck.

Market today had Too much uncertainty. Expired rubber.

Heafcliffe

Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Most job seekers have a weak mentality.

Walk in there as as boss but also remember there is a fine line between arrogance and confidence

Gotcha! I def walked in there confident but not cocky esp bc of the salary. I saw myself as a commodity (an anomaly of sorts) bc most of the company is white and older and I am young, a minority and with excellent credentials. I went in polished and reserved, but ready to exhibit my qualifications.

fukk it. I have been playing this over and over in my head, and I need them mafuggas to tell me the deal. :stopitslime: Moving forward with your app or kick rocks, Heaf!

Heafcliffe

Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Gotta treat jobs like womens and dont come off too thirsty. Your approach was type contrived on some ho happy mackie steez.

I hope u prove me wrong n good luck.

Market today had Too much uncertainty. Expired rubber.

:whoo: Never looked at it that way. Moreso, bc the corporation is full of :merchant::sitdown::ld::upsetfavre::win::beli:, I felt like I had to play the game as if I was one of them cacs myself. Making sure to maintain my integrity and not dance a jig for them, I had to go those extra steps no matter how contrived it was to show how much of an asset I am and could be. I was hoping that they looked at my move as "ok, this young man wants this job and wants to impress and is willing take it one step further." Also, I knew the job was highly contested so :yeshrug:

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been there you just have to remain professional and patient don't call them being woresome. If they want you they'll call you its that simple.