Update: Waiting in anticipation for potential employer's decision unappreciation

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
At the last story: shyt, what if you didn't email?!?! They want you to be prompt and professional but they can p*ssyfoot around? :wtf:

They told me they mailed the contract to me the day before I called and should be receiving it shortly.

Nick Barnes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis
You aint lying. After two interviews and three weeks of waiting, I get an email saying they are sorry but decided not to hire me. :damn::sadbron::noah::dead:

shyt is the worst.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
Been there, done that. So no.....

When did you get the letter?

Still haven't got it, they said it was put in the mail on Monday and I should receive it by tomorrow (Friday). I spoke to HR on Tuesday.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
You aint lying. After two interviews and three weeks of waiting, I get an email saying they are sorry but decided not to hire me. :damn::sadbron::noah::dead:

shyt is the worst.
this jus happened to me bout 2 months ago. interview went well i thought. was told i was 1 of 6 ppl interviewing. i interviewed on a Wed and didnt know wen i would hear back from them. i assumed i would hear from them the following Mon. so come Fri morning i check my email like i always do and there goes an email from the company saying that i wasnt chosen for the job. TOTALLY caught me off-guard. one of the worse feelings ive ever had

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Its been a week since the initial interview (June 1st). Thinking of sending a "pleasant" email tomorrow inquiring about my status. I gotta know now so I can focus my energies elsewhere.

Just hope my email is actually "pleasant" as to not annoy them and fukk up my chances. Paradox.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yep, I'm going through this right now, but I don't think I got the job. Sucks because I thought I had a good chance.

I interviewed for the job two weeks ago (it's for a part-time 2nd job), thought it went well, and at the end of my interview she asked me to email her my references, and I did. About a week ago my boy (who I used as a ref) said he got a call from them (guess they DO check references), so I figured I was in.

But a week later, and nada. :sadcam:

I wish they would at least send me a rejection email.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I will give you 2 stories on this, i interviewed for an executive position at a huge retail company and when i show up my senses start to tingle, the lady interviewing me is white and when i go into the room to interview she says she has to get someone else, so i am waiting for her to come back , she does and says the guy i need to see is on "vacation" and she will call me when he gets back. I am heated at this point but leave, she calls me back saying the position is filled and do i want a part time stock job. I ask where on my resume did you see i wanted that position, i curse her out and hang up. 4 months later i get an email asking if i want to interview again.SMH.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
My 2nd time was at a bigger company, again the interviewer was a white lady who seemed nice, the interview is going great, she says i think you would be a great hire and gets up and shakes my hand, i am thinking wow i got this this, then she smiles i have 1 other person to interview at that moment, i knew she played me. I got up went home and when i checked my messages sure enough, the position is filled.

MrNoFlyZone

The Original 2nd Coming
Daps
HR people are some of the most unpredictable individuals in the game. If you interview with more than one person within a few days, they like you but there could also be other people they like. The more information they give you, the higher your chances are of being hired but again...nothing is guaranteed.

Good luck, breh.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
HR people are some of the most unpredictable individuals in the game. If you interview with more than one person within a few days, they like you but there could also be other people they like. The more information they give you, the higher your chances are of being hired but again...nothing is guaranteed.

Good luck, breh.

See, that is what I heard too- treat the HR people like they are on a pedestal. So what I did was put together a portfolio complete with a typed (not hand-filled) application :ooh:, updated resume, projects/ presentations, professional awards, recommendations and references. Portfolio was chock filled of "let's get this" examples of my abilities.

I presented it to the HR Director like:

Heaf: "I have put this together especially for you to look through. Please go through it at your leisure." :youngsabo:

HR Dir: "Oooohh, you should give this to the dept head when you interview with her in a few minutes." :comeon:

Heaf: I hit her with "Actually, I have one for her but I wanted you to have one as well. I'd appreciate it." :takedat:

Her face lit up something vicious. :gladbron: And the kicker was I had a cover sheet on each portfolio indicating that it was intended for her (i.e. Ms. XXXXX YYYYYYY, Human Resources Director) but like you said you can't call it.:snoop: