Update: Waiting in anticipation for potential employer's decision unappreciation

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
shyt is :noah: status.

You want to keep looking for others gigs to distract yourself but shyt don't work, thinking about you coulda interviewed better and shyt.

I'm on day 4.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
im going through a similiar situation. it sucks . good luck though breh

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
whenever I would have a job interview, I would already be sitting there counting the potential money I was gonna make and what I'm gonna buy. mind you this would be before I even go into the interview.

Heafcliffe

Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
im going through a similiar situation. it sucks . good luck though breh

Back at cha, breh.

Yo, I went in there on some "5-day study up on the company, put my presentations & projects in a portfolio, suit dry cleaned, new shirt purchased, 4 recommendations got, resume freshly updated, fresh baldy" type shyt. shyt, I even provided the HR Director with the same portfolio.

Bu...Bu...but i get in the mafacking interviews, they both got a resume from almost a year ago. :noah: there are some differences but most employers won't let a nucca explain. :to:

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
Going through this right now.

Had an interview yesterday. I think I did ok, could have done a couple of things differently.

Now it's all about the wait :noah:

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
I had this company email me after the interview saying they chose me but would send the formal offer by the end of the day. 3 days later I emailed them and they were like sorry the position is terminated. Im like wtf :sadcam:

Heafcliffe

Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
I had this company email me after the interview saying they chose me but would send the formal offer by the end of the day. 3 days later I emailed them and they were like sorry the position is terminated. Im like wtf :sadcam:

:what: That's that bullshyt right there. Sorry for your pain, breh. Some similar shyt just happened about 2 minutes ago.... for another gig I applied to.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hear what ya'll saying the waiting is the worst.

but hear this, no ducktales or boasting: i accepted an offer and just got the letter this morning for a gig that pays 20K more than the current plus payed benifits and alot more, but i'm nervous as fukk cause i only had two phone interviews with people overseas, no in person.

The company is legit, did some research, but it's still odd as fukk. the guy i had the final phone interview with is the cofounder of the company and since the position is technical, and i might be the first person in ny in his dept, he probably decided that he didn't want those soft skills people interviewing potential hires. idk but i'm thinking this through hard as fukk.

darkmanp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
VA
I've dealt with it a few times. I had interviewed for a teaching position at a community college, interview went well (interviewed with the vice president). I was told only thing needed was approval by the president, and it it should take a week at max. Two weeks pass by and I hear nothing. Call back and and had trouble getting in contact with the vp (he not in his office according to his secretary). I was finally able to get a direct line to his office and he seemed surprised to hear from me. He said the president has been busy and hasn't made a decision yet, and he would mention to the pres again. :rudy: Another 3 weeks pass by, and nothing. So I just said forget it.

Most recent job I interviewed for, I had to go through a thorough background investigation. Once everything was done I was told I would hear from HR and they would let me know if I got the job. Three weeks go by and I hear nothing. Finally I email HR inquiring if I got the position. 5 mins after sending the email I got a call from HR telling me I got the position and they are sending the contract in the mail :win:

Heafcliffe

Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
I've dealt with it a few times. I had interviewed for a teaching position at a community college, interview went well (interviewed with the vice president). I was told only thing needed was approval by the president, and it it should take a week at max. Two weeks pass by and I hear nothing. Call back and and had trouble getting in contact with the vp (he not in his office according to his secretary). I was finally able to get a direct line to his office and he seemed surprised to hear from me. He said the president has been busy and hasn't made a decision yet, and he would mention to the pres again. :rudy: Another 3 weeks pass by, and nothing. So I just said forget it.

Most recent job I interviewed for, I had to go through a thorough background investigation. Once everything was done I was told I would hear from HR and they would let me know if I got the job. Three weeks go by and I hear nothing. Finally I email HR inquiring if I got the position. 5 mins after sending the email I got a call from HR telling me I got the position and they are sending the contract in the mail :win:

At the last story: shyt, what if you didn't email?!?! They want you to be prompt and professional but they can p*ssyfoot around? :wtf: