Update: #EndBadGovernanceInNigeria Protest 8/1/24 [Official 9ja 2023 Presidential Elections Thread]

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
For those of you interested in international politics, especially African, Peter Obi is attempting the impossible in Nigeria.

He is challenging the status quo by attempting to run a corruption free presidential candidacy for quarter 1 of 2023.

For context, Nigeria has two main parties just like the US, PDP and APC. Like the US, many Nigerians are calling #BothSides and recognizing both parties as corrupt.

Peter Obi is running outside of the main parties and is attempting to proceed in a grassroots fashion based off of youths and Nigerians who are tired of what Nigeria has become.

If Peter Obi is succesful or continues to make significant noise, this will be a quite notable event for Africa and black people in general.

Something I suggest those who have interest keep an eye on.

Update: The winner of the 2023 election has spiraled the country into protest just a year post inauguration smh.

Last edited:

Top Left

Banned
Daps
A corruption free, or at least minimal corruption Nigeria would become an international superpower very quickly! There are Nigerian professors and students in almost all top universities in the world. You could find top performing Nigerians in any field anywhere in the world. Naija is nothing to scoff at, imagine all that talent going back and building. :wow:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I like Obi, I don't think he stands a chance at winning.
Soludo is gonna play more of a role in the future of the nation than him.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Lmao it ain't even corruption in those other countries. Its just how shyt is done. You're expected to break off some bullshyt 'job' for your family members, friends and other supporters.

Same thing happens in America we just call it campaign financing and fundraising. American politicians are hilariously easy to bribe. If they weren't, America would be an exemplary superpower not one with insane incarceration rates, absurd drug prices, and constant wasting of tax money.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
fukk the election. Biafra is the Goal.

I respect that. Just drawing the comparision between this election and the US 2008 election.

Many disenfranchised people in the US shared your thoughts back then, whether it be leave the US, secede as their own country etc.

People do what they feel is possible. Once that door is opened for something that seemed impossible, peoples behavior will shock you.

Since Peter Obi has begun to trend, I have heard a lot less about ESN, IPOB, MNK, UGM, etc. Us Igbo people can thrive anywhere when given a fair playing field, including Nigeria.

I think Biafra agitation should continue but no reason why it cant continue in parallel with the youths attempting to elect a non traditional candidate who happens to be Igbo.

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Lmao it ain't even corruption in those other countries. Its just how shyt is done. You're expected to break off some bullshyt 'job' for your family members, friends and other supporters.

Same thing happens in America we just call it campaign financing and fundraising. American politicians are hilariously easy to bribe. If they weren't, America would be an exemplary superpower not one with insane incarceration rates, absurd drug prices, and constant wasting of tax money.

Well difference is in America what happens in Nigeria will not be tolerated. Human life is a lot more expendable in Nigeria than it is in America probably due to internalized racism.

So imagine unchecked corruption along side it being a norm for a soldier to put a gun in your face randomly or a dead body to be chilling in a gutter while everyone goes about their business.

The lack of respect for human capital in Nigeria makes the impact of the corruption more evil at least from this standpoint.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I like Obi, I don't think he stands a chance at winning.
Soludo is gonna play more of a role in the future of the nation than him.
Followed the story of the upcoming election , distantly. Who is the man that was getting the big push/endorsement to run from Nigerians in the diaspora? The man mentioned in OP? Or Soludo?

EDIT:

It was Akinwumi Adesina

Last edited: