Update: Let's Talk about what the Democrats are doing

Tair

Superstar
Daps
People act as though Biden is a terrible President when he's only been in office for 1 year. He's already reversed many of Trump's regressive policies, signed a $1.2 trillion dollar infrastructure bill that will fix many issues over the next 5 years, and invested $8.7 billion into CDFIs and MDIs. Biden also made the MBDA agency permanent.

Congress passes $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill, delivering major win for Biden - CNNPolitics
Biden-Harris Administration Announce $8.7 Billion investment in CDFIs and MDIs
The Minority Business Development Agency is Permanently Authorized in Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal

For anyone that doesn't know what CDFIs are:

The CDFI ("Community Development Financial Institutions") is geared towards people in economically distressed communities. It is a good avenue to help people who want to build generational wealth. From getting access to funding for your first home to starting your first business, CDFIs help in that regard.

If you are a Black entrepreneur you'd probably utilize these sorts of programs to help you with your business. And if Trump were still in office, this program probably would see a major decline in terms of its funding. Trump didn't like the program and wanted to end it.

Trump Administration Targets Cuts to CDFI Program Again, but Touts Its Success | Credit Union Times

As for MBDAs, they are the primary source for Black entrepreneurs to get government loans/contracts. Trump wanted to eliminate them or as his administration put it, "modernize it" (another way of eliminating it), by which they would cut the primary source of money Black entrepreneurs use to fund their businesses/ideas/etc...

Eliminates Redundant, Ineffective, and Inefficient Programs. Americans deserve a Government that makes investments that are transparent, accountable, and provide the greatest return for their hard-earned tax dollars. The Budget eliminates the Economic Development Administration, which provides small grants with limited measurable impacts and duplicates other Federal programs. The Budget also proposes to eliminate funding for several lower priority NOAA grant and education programs, including Sea Grant, Coastal Zone Management Grants, and the Pacific Coastal Salmon Recovery Fund. These eliminations would allow NOAA to better target remaining resources to core missions and services. In addition, the Budget eliminates Federal funding for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership program, assuming its transition to solely non-Federal revenue sources, as originally intended when the program was established. The Budget also proposes the modernization of the Minority Business Development Agency, reforming its operations to expand its reach and better help meet its programmatic objective of helping minority businesses.

I found that by looking through the Trump 2020 budget proposal.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/BUDGET-2020-BUD/pdf/BUDGET-2020-BUD.pdf

So when people - especially Black people - talk about "What's the difference between Biden and Trump" it should be quite clear. Trump targeted agencies that Black people used to get funding for their businesses thus taking the little resources we do have away from us. He was/is a clear racist and a terrible president that rode the coattails of the Obama economy, not his own (which was terrible by many economic measures).

Say what you want about Biden's Asian bill (not specifically geared towards Asians, they were just a catalyst to strengthen the reporting system and training on identifying hate crimes - link: https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=20784480-bills-117s9), his Ukraine aid (which is more of a geopolitical issue that I doubt many have spent at least 10hrs of study time learning about), or transgenders, but what you cannot say about Biden is that he's worse than Trump or similar to Trump. He, nor the democrats, are like Trump.

(btw- I can finally post and I am not a democrat shill either rather I vote based on what is best for myself and other Black people in America, and I stand by my 2020 vote for Biden and will be voting democrat 2022 and 2024 because they clearly are the best option right now).

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I do believe there is a contingent that is frustrated with the incrementalism of the democrats and I get their frustrations. I also believe there is another larger share of the electorate that is unaware of what the democrats have done and are doing that will positively impact their lives. These types are more susceptible to republican propaganda and because they are unaware they spread the lies more easily and fervently.

I was listening to Tariq tell one of his listeners that Biden was worse than Trump to thousands of listeners. These types of lies are quite dangerous in elections where small percentages of votes can swing an election in either direction.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
People act as though Biden is a terrible President when he's only been in office for 1 year. He's already reversed many of Trump's regressive policies, signed a $1.2 trillion dollar infrastructure bill that will fix many issues over the next 5 years, and invested $8.7 billion into CDFIs and MDIs. Biden also made the MBDA agency permanent.

Congress passes $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill, delivering major win for Biden - CNNPolitics
Biden-Harris Administration Announce $8.7 Billion investment in CDFIs and MDIs
The Minority Business Development Agency is Permanently Authorized in Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal

For anyone that doesn't know what CDFIs are:

The CDFI ("Community Development Financial Institutions") is geared towards people in economically distressed communities. It is a good avenue to help people who want to build generational wealth. From getting access to funding for your first home to starting your first business, CDFIs help in that regard.

If you are a Black entrepreneur you'd probably utilize these sorts of programs to help you with your business. And if Trump were still in office, this program probably would see a major decline in terms of its funding. Trump didn't like the program and wanted to end it.

Trump Administration Targets Cuts to CDFI Program Again, but Touts Its Success | Credit Union Times

As for MBDAs, they are the primary source for Black entrepreneurs to get government loans/contracts. Trump wanted to eliminate them or as his administration put it, "modernize it" (another way of eliminating it), by which they would cut the primary source of money Black entrepreneurs use to fund their businesses/ideas/etc...

I found that by looking through the Trump 2020 budget proposal.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/BUDGET-2020-BUD/pdf/BUDGET-2020-BUD.pdf

So when people - especially Black people - talk about "What's the difference between Biden and Trump" it should be quite clear. Trump targeted agencies that Black people used to get funding for their businesses thus taking the little resources we do have away from us. He was/is a clear racist and a terrible president that rode the coattails of the Obama economy, not his own (which was terrible by many economic measures).

Say what you want about Biden's Asian bill (not specifically geared towards Asians, they were just a catalyst to strengthen the reporting system and training on identifying hate crimes - link: https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=20784480-bills-117s9), his Ukraine aid (which is more of a geopolitical issue that I doubt many have spent at least 10hrs of study time learning about), or transgenders, but what you cannot say about Biden is that he's worse than Trump or similar to Trump. He, nor the democrats, are like Trump.

(btw- I can finally post and I am not a democrat shill either rather I vote based on what is best for myself and other Black people in America, and I stand by my 2020 vote for Biden and will be voting democrat 2022 and 2024 because they clearly are the best option right now).

This is a very level headed POV. It's true that many things beneficial to us aren't largely advertised, but that doesn't make them any less beneficial.

I wish the administration was smart enough to use Twitter in a similar way to Trump.

They should have a Jen Psaki just for Twitter boasting about their accomplishments and debunking things

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
You get a pass bc you may be a new poster but we don't need any more shills round this mf :ufdup:

Yea. We need more "bothsider" fakkits who won't say anything bad about the Nazis who's erasing slavery and Jim Crow from American history and suppressing and restricting Black folks right to vote. You right.