• Mavs in 6

Votes: 43 21.4%
  • Mavs in 7

Votes: 20 10.0%

• Total voters

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I ain't a Clippers hater but watching them start off 2021 the same way they ended 2020 has me :mjlol:

I think Bron just spends a lot of time trying to get AD off against that team cause he thinks that should be their big advantage against the squad. I'm not sure that's how it would look in a real situation, Bron in the playoffs (after Game 1) plays with a very different mentality.
I hear u. Just saying the last two years against the Clippers we dont really see efficient close to 30 points Bron. He does that against everyone else when needed. However, against the Clippers there is way too much passing. I think AD would eventually get his regardless so I'd rather Bron just be aggressive.

Maybe it'll be different in the playoffs. However, as of now thats the one team I worry about to many low 20 point games against.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
The jokes write themselves with this Clips team...

•show the world you're terrified of the Lakers
•Come out flat
•defend the 3pt horribly
•poor closing time

Most front running team I've seen maybe ever...

Lotta questions gonna be answered depending how this series shakes out. I know one thing, you don't suck in money time for an entire season and automatically flip a switch to being a crunch time heavyweight in the playoffs...

•we are gonna have a real answer on who Lue is as a coach without LeBron....and I think we already got our answer with the way they ducked the Lakers

•in one playoff run a bunch of heads started referencing Kawhi as if he has a history of turning into an assassin in the playoffs. That one run was special and then last year came. He sucked down the stretch of this G1, alota yall gonna have to recalibrate the esteem in which yall hold dude if this team flops again

•duck the Lakers just to get a team that wanted you anyway who isn't afraid of you

Still think this series will be competitive, and still think my Mavs pick is correct. This is one of the weakest "elite" teams I've ever seen in my 22 years watching NBA ball...
This has been said a lot but how exactly did the Clippers duck the Lakers when their spot wasn't set in stone either?

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
I hear u. Just saying the last two years against the Clippers we dont really see efficient close to 30 points Bron. He does that against everyone else when needed. However, against the Clippers there is way too much passing. I think AD would eventually get his regardless so I'd rather Bron just be aggressive.

Maybe it'll be different in the playoffs. However, as of now thats the one team I worry about to many low 20 point games against.

add the fact that clippers try there absolutely fukking best against the Lakers.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This has been said a lot but how exactly did the Clippers duck the Lakers when their spot wasn't set in stone either?
I'm not saying the Clippers were ducking but when there were still 4-5 games left it was pretty obvious Lakers had no chance at the 5-seed. They were playing for 6-seed at best. Mavs last 6 games were against absolute trash and they had to go something like 2-4 with Lakers winning their last 5 for the Lakers to pass them. With Bron and Schroder out too. And then hope the Blazers lost most of their games too. It wasn't going to happen.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I'm not saying the Clippers were ducking but when there were still 4-5 games left it was pretty obvious Lakers had no chance at the 5-seed. They were playing for 6-seed at best. Mavs last 6 games were against absolute trash and they had to go something like 2-4 with Lakers winning their last 5 for the Lakers to pass them. With Bron and Schroder out too. And then hope the Blazers lost most of their games too. It wasn't going to happen.
What wasn't going to happen? Was LAC always at 4th? I thought they were at 3rd till they let Denver pass them.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What wasn't going to happen? Was LAC always at 4th? I thought they were at 3rd till they let Denver pass them.
I was saying that Lakers making it to the 5-seed wasn't going to happen.

Not saying the Clippers ducked for sure. Perhaps they just didn't care. But they certainly weren't trying to win at the end of the season, and they also certainly knew that would improve their chances of not seeing the Lakers early.