Unpopular opinion: Graffiti is not art.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I've trying to learn graffiti art in my spare time. been practicing on a fake brick wall in my basement. (was planning on replacing the wall at some point anyway so i figured might as well have some fun with it in the meantime.)
Makes me laugh, because people in this thread are like, "you'd think different if it was your house." when i'm literally doing it to my house on purpose.
folks want a utopia without remembering that black people are not included in this ideal lmao. Thats how gentrification works a lot of times.

graffiti is a way for lobbyists and government to also point out flaws in a neighbourhood, when it really is just underserved and over policed.

OP (and quite a few nikkas in here) needs to just marry a white woman and move to the suburbs and shut up

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Exactly. It’s YOUR house. You WANT it to look like that. Some stranger didn’t roll up in the middle of the night, and do it. And it’s inside, so everyone else doesn’t have to see it.
I would love for a more talented artist to leave his mark on the wall as well. I was actually thinking about posting an ad to hire some stranger to add some stuff to it. i feel like it would fit the aesthetic of my basement/man cave.

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps

Since graffiti is "vandalism" what does OP say about "vandals" like Rakim, Artifacts, KRS-One, Kay Slay (RIP), Fab 5 Freddy, and Fat Joe (actually forget him, he only did 99% of what rappers fake thug about but the coli hates him anyway)

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Gun Hill ain’t beautiful, my dear.
:unimpressed:
:mjtf: I don't be on no damn Gun Hill Rd. Harlem, my dude.

Iconic Keith Haring.
Keith_Haring_Crack_is_Wack_Mural_grande.jpg

big-l-in-harlem-usa.jpg

Franco the Great (and I knew Puppy)

Harlem-Gates-Franco-the-Great-125th-Street-NYC-3.jpg

Harlem-Gates-Franco-the-Great-125th-Street-NYC-4.jpg

Harlem-Gates-Franco-the-Great-125th-Street-NYC-9.jpg

:camby:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've trying to learn graffiti art in my spare time. been practicing on a fake brick wall in my basement. (was planning on replacing the wall at some point anyway so i figured might as well have some fun with it in the meantime.)
Makes me laugh, because people in this thread are like, "you'd think different if it was your house." when i'm literally doing it to my house on purpose.
Photos por favor.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
**Banksy tags a building **

white folks: "my gosh, what a visionary. So creative, so edgy:gladbron:"

**nikka from the bronx tags a building***

black AND white folks: "what an eye sore. So gross. What a juvenile thing to do:picard:"
These cacs and c00ns don't understand the concept of love :wow: