Unpopular opinion: Graffiti is not art.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Unpopular opinion:

Graffiti is not art.
It’s vandalism.

Every time I’m riding a train or subway in the city, I have to look at this crap on walls and highways and overpasses and it’s sad.

Most times you can’t even make out what things are supposed to be.

It’s ugly and ruins the beauty of the neighborhood.

To be fair: I’m not talking about commissioned works that may honor some famous person. Frankly that’s just a mural and can be done well.

But these stupid tags and bubble letters have got to go.

:coffee:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's because it's done by black people. Racists always find a way to dismiss black people's art, it's disgusting.

Meanwhile Banksy who does literal gentrified graffiti is perceived as a high value artist.and is a millionaire. GTFOH.

Didn't your read OP's post? That's obviously "a mural" . :troll:

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
Some of the skills and pieces are unreal though. Amazing font design and lettersetting as well, not to mention the color.
That and a dude spending hours suspended upside down from a bridge to share his art with the world really speaks of the passion and determination therein.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
That's because it's done by black people. Racists always find a way to dismiss black people's art, it's disgusting.

Meanwhile Banksy who does literal gentrified graffiti is perceived as a high value artist.and is a millionaire. GTFOH.

cap. here in wa state 90% of taggers are degenerate cacs and mexicans who are saying “fukk the man bro” and engaging in other fukkery such as boosting from stores/neighborhoods, illlegal street racing, and/or drug addiction. Like just shytty people who arent doing shyt in life and want the rest of us to feel it.