Unpopular opinion: Ethan Hawke was just as good as Denzel in Training Day

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Unpopular opinion, but training day is one of my least favorite movies of Denzel's. I think if the ending was stronger I'd think a little more highly of it, but there's still a bunch of his films that I'd much rather watch even then.

Daps
It's not close :manny:

Denzel absolutely pwned this scene. Deserved the oscar right then and there, especially when you understand what's actually going on in the movie

Man just the first 20 seconds of this when he gets on the phone and is laughing but you can see in his eyes that he's serious as a heart attack :banderas::ahh:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Denzel is the only reason this average ass movie is still culturally relevant 20 years later.
I was mad as hell at this comment until I actually sat and thought about it.

Training Day really is bargain bin status without Denzels acting. It’s basically a Steven Segal film.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
Unpopular opinion, but training day is one of my least favorite movies of Denzel's. I think if the ending was stronger I'd think a little more highly of it, but there's still a bunch of his films that I'd much rather watch even then.
Facts. Ending is trash. Alonzo's death was drawn out into 30 minutes :gucci:

Just kill that motherfukker

instead he gotta be shot, beaten, struck by lighting, attacked by a cougar and finally shot by the Russians:ehh:

BurstWicks

All Star
Daps
He played his part perfect. He was the perfect sidekick. He held his part strong and didn't outshine denzel. People underestimate how hard it is to be the straightman which denzel was. Think abbot and Costello, Kenan and Kel. Kel outshined kenan so much with his antics it took shine away from kenan.

I always wondered how kenan ended up being famous when kel had all the starpower, did kel willingly leave the industry? :jbhmm:

Being around 3 gangsters and one of them asking me "You ever have your shyt pushed in?" has to be one of the most terrifying things I could imagine
:dame::damn:
In Spanish Harlem that means getting shot, but the essays in LA use it in a different context, so I was very uncomfortable watching that scene unfold
full

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Ethan Hawke played his role very well but Denzel outshined him in every scene until the very end of the movie when Jake went after him for his corrupted acts and for almost getting him killed.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I always wondered how kenan ended up being famous when kel had all the starpower, did kel willingly leave the industry? :jbhmm:

If i’m not mistaken Kel fell into Alcoholism and it kind of set him back. Keenan kept his head on straight and kept grinding. Remember Keenan had a career BEFORE All That and K&L. He was in Heavyweights and the two Mighty Ducks movies.

Both of them auditioned for SNL but only Keenan made the cut